Home

Developers on the EA Forums part II

This is a discussion on Developers on the EA Forums part II within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Developers on the EA Forums part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Last year there were a bunch of nice sounding blogs too, they couldn't prepare us for the high amount of bugs/glitches/turnovers though, could they.
Aint that the truth, they were preaching gospel last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16

LOL...Guys remember the blogs last year.....

Certain players slip when its raining...lol

Improved gang tackling....hmmmm
Old 05-15-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Ian Cummings is one heck of a salesman.

I have to admit, I fell hook, line and sinker reading all his blogs last year. He had me nearly convinced '08' was going to be unreal good...and that wasn't exactly the case. I don't mean to be too hard on Ian...his just doing his job. But this year, I'm going to take everything with a grain of salt.

But ya...I'll read all his blogs. It's always fun to read all you can about the coming game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #12
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'll give the guy a break. It is really kinda cool that he did admit issues and seems to care that they get fixed. Maybe next year. But at the end of the day it nice to see that, even if I can't have the answer I want , there is an outlet for my concerns to be heard. It is kinda funny that he addressed a lot of stuff we've been "concerned" with and discussing here. Maybe he's lurking. But I will say that the same stuff is all over the EA board, too. All of the typing seems to have been worth it. We aren't alone "sim" guys...... Maybe I'll "shut up and leave Madden alone" now......

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 4

they sang that sweet song last yr in the blogs.

we see how that turned out.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:43 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
As for Euphoria, Simon (animation director that did the tackling blog post) and I are working on a blog about Euphoria and physics in general, so I can't yet comment on it fully (sorry). Just know that without a doubt we are very aware of the technology...it's a very impressive piece of tech. Have you been playing GTA? You know they've got it running in there right...what do you think?
I'm interested to see what they have to say on the Euphoria engine. He actually seems impressed with it. I still wonder if that blog post will be nothing but a load of excuses as to why Euphoria isn't a good direction for Madden. Hopefully not, but thats what my gut is telling me will happen.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Maybe he's lurking. But I will say that the same stuff is all over the EA board, too. All of the typing seems to have been worth it. We aren't alone "sim" guys...... Maybe I'll "shut up and leave Madden alone" now......
I know there are many that would have people believe we're mostly inconsequential, but EA's putting this information out for a reason. The majority of people that will be buying the game aren't going to see the blogs or early video - I'm sure EA knows how important to try to generate positive internet buzz with their base

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2008, 12:54 AM   #16
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

I, for one, can't wait to see what he/they will say about Euphoria in their upcoming blog about it... i'm sure it's going to consist of him saying that they've reworked their engine to try and achieve more "rag-doll-ish" physics without Euphoria.. but comparing Madden 09's tackling video with Backbreaker's tackling video... Backbreaker still def gets the edge

i like the idea mentioned of getting rid of the "turbo" button/trigger. i think i would like having how far forward you press the analog stick would control how fast your player runs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I'm interested to see what they have to say on the Euphoria engine. He actually seems impressed with it. I still wonder if that blog post will be nothing but a load of excuses as to why Euphoria isn't a good direction for Madden. Hopefully not, but thats what my gut is telling me will happen.

and since he does seem to be answering most questions instead of side-stepping i decided to ask him (flat out) about Euphoria and it's possible use in Madden: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....43283&#3543283

***EDIT***
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian (EA Sports)
Ha ha - I knew that one was coming...way to put me on the spot.

Unfortunately I really can't answer that question. I know it's not just me that is really curious how the game will turn out, and I think after I see a real gameplay video (not just highlight reels) I could maybe give a better answer.

So, I'm sorry, I'm actually not trying to be evasive...I just don't really have any way to answer it other than "I don't know".

Last edited by beau21; 05-16-2008 at 01:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »