Home

"In defense of the Madden Machine" - New Game Informer interview

This is a discussion on "In defense of the Madden Machine" - New Game Informer interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #65
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: "In defense of the Madden Machine" - New Game Informer interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Who are they marketing to right now then? I don't think most people here are saying they want a completely sim game - it just wouldn't be practical. But they want a game that is more closely tied to football fundamentals. The blogging and videos EA's putting out now up to release time won't be seen by the vast majority of people purchasing the game, but I'm sure EA recognizes the importantance generating positive buzz. Yes, there's a contingent that will buy the game regardless of whatever it is and that's unfortunate - but the fact that EA's trying hard to communicate changes or a willingness to change shows they're at least concerned about further fracturing their base. Even if some people continue to try to make it seem like those that visit internet forum boards are inconsequential.

It's the reason we now have Hollywood treating something as geeky as Comic-Con seriously. They know getting the hardcore behind their product means big $$$. Years ago EA seemed almost dismissive of the internet community, but in recent years they've made efforts to seem less aloof. They own the football market; it's not like they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts
I think Peter Moore has made it crystal clear: They are trying to market it to every part of their customer base. So far they're doing a great job of showing that they've added something significant for almost everyone. Casuals, graphic whores, presentation guys, stat geeks/franchise folks, gameplay moderates.

Only two segments of the football gaming public probably won't be drawn in. The 100% anti EA folks who wont buy one of their games just on general principle, and the ultra critical gameplay guys who have their list of 3-5 core issues that they need to see revamped before they return to the fold.

I think they can live with the reduces sales from those two populations, but they had begun losing too many customers from the other groups, so they had to create their own EA Sports version of glasnost.

The message board community consists of the hardcore gamer and the extremely hardcore gamer. Companies like EA have learned that if you get the former group behind you, you're going to enjoy a nice bump all across the board. They don't worry about the latter group, because they're simply too high maintenance to reach in a manner thats cost effective.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #66
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think Peter Moore has made it crystal clear: They are trying to market it to every part of their customer base. So far they're doing a great job of showing that they've added something significant for almost everyone. Casuals, graphic whores, presentation guys, stat geeks/franchise folks, gameplay moderates.

Only two segments of the football gaming public probably won't be drawn in. The 100% anti EA folks who wont buy one of their games just on general principle, and the ultra critical gameplay guys who have their list of 3-5 core issues that they need to see revamped before they return to the fold.

I think they can live with the reduces sales from those two populations, but they had begun losing too many customers from the other groups, so they had to create their own EA Sports version of glasnost.

The message board community consists of the hardcore gamer and the extremely hardcore gamer. Companies like EA have learned that if you get the former group behind you, you're going to enjoy a nice bump all across the board. They don't worry about the latter group, because they're simply too high maintenance to reach in a manner thats cost effective.

Good post

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 11

Agreed. Very logical and well articulated.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:14 PM   #68
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

judas priest

what a post....a good one at that...no ...a GREAT one
Old 05-19-2008, 04:59 AM   #69
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

great post. spot on and well said.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:

Great post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »