Home

Madden NFL '09 and the ESPN License !!!!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL '09 and the ESPN License !!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Madden NFL '09 and the ESPN License !!!!

As many of you may know, madden producer ian cummings is answering questions over at the ea boards, here:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....hreadID=365603

One question asked was one that many of us have asked for the past couple of years, which is why hasn't ea gotten more use out of the ESPN license...i was shocked by the answer, as it looks like ea HAS used the espn license this year...i guess i'm shocked because, as much as we have been complaining about ea's lack of use of the ESPN license, you would think that this would have been one of the things ea would have been hyping up to this point..anyway, below is the question and the answer, which also talks about NFL Total Access, PTI segments...looks like it will be a good year for Madden presentation wise!!!

"Why isn’t the ESPN broadcast package used in Madden?

EA’s relationship with ESPN and the NFL allows us to provide streamed audio and video directly from ESPN and the NFL. In Madden NFL 09, we provide our fans with access to compelling ESPN and NFL content like NFL Total Access, SportsCenter highlights, PTI segments, etc. We now give you an incredibly fun and realistic football experience with the game and also provide access to compelling football news that only ESPN and the NFL Network could provide."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL '09 and the ESPN License !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldparr
As many of you may know, madden producer ian cummings is answering questions over at the ea boards, here:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread....hreadID=365603

One question asked was one that many of us have asked for the past couple of years, which is why hasn't ea gotten more use out of the ESPN license...i was shocked by the answer, as it looks like ea HAS used the espn license this year...i guess i'm shocked because, as much as we have been complaining about ea's lack of use of the ESPN license, you would think that this would have been one of the things ea would have been hyping up to this point..anyway, below is the question and the answer, which also talks about NFL Total Access, PTI segments...looks like it will be a good year for Madden presentation wise!!!

"Why isn’t the ESPN broadcast package used in Madden?

EA’s relationship with ESPN and the NFL allows us to provide streamed audio and video directly from ESPN and the NFL. In Madden NFL 09, we provide our fans with access to compelling ESPN and NFL content like NFL Total Access, SportsCenter highlights, PTI segments, etc. We now give you an incredibly fun and realistic football experience with the game and also provide access to compelling football news that only ESPN and the NFL Network could provide."
Uhhhh we want it implemented into the game presentation.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

this topic is being discussed here:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-part-ii.html

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I would almost guarantee that he is talking about watching actual segments, streamed when you are online.....not implementing this in-game. A usual BS answer by EA, without answering the question at all.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
I would almost guarantee that he is talking about watching actual segments, streamed when you are online.....not implementing this in-game. A usual BS answer by EA, without answering the question at all.
he answered the question. This is how they are going to use the ESPN license. They are never going to use the ESPN license in the way that it was used in the 2k series of games.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 PM   #6
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

once again......

most likely not EA's call.......the NFL is attempting to build a network with its own announcers......putting the NFL network branding on madden gives NFL network some incredible exposure

b4 u flame this

check out head coach

in 07 they used mel kiper for draft stuff (ala 2k5 mind you)

in 09 they'll be using adam scheftner from NFL network
Old 05-17-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
once again......

most likely not EA's call.......the NFL is attempting to build a network with its own announcers......putting the NFL network branding on madden gives NFL network some incredible exposure

b4 u flame this

check out head coach

in 07 they used mel kiper for draft stuff (ala 2k5 mind you)

in 09 they'll be using adam scheftner from NFL network
That makes me question why they even got the ESPN license.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
That makes me question why they even got the ESPN license.

to block 2k sports.....controlling the video game sports world ain't cheap

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »