Home

Madden Mondays Week 6: EA SPORTS REWIND

This is a discussion on Madden Mondays Week 6: EA SPORTS REWIND within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2008, 12:33 PM   #33
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden Mondays Week 6: EA SPORTS REWIND

I swear if HC Allowed us to play the games and import draft classes, I would easily play that over Madden.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #34
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
1. Ive said it before; (as have others) time spent coding this 'feature' should have been used to address some the games bigger problems.
In other words:

"How dare EA spend a single second of development time on things that don't address the concerns of the hardcores?"

That could be interpreted as a somewhat selfish attitude, especially when you consider just how tiny a % of the total Madden user base such people are. At any rate, it's not like the wants or desires of the hc's have been ignored completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamabushi
2. If someone never played before or theyre a "newb" are a couple of 'rewinds' really going to make a difference in the outcome of a game? please........
There is an option for unlimited rewinds, so I'd say the answer is yes.

The point of rewind is to make learning the game less frustrating (and therefore more fun) by giving the new gamer a chance to go back and learn from their mistakes right then and there. How can anyone object to that?
Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I usually just stand on the sidelines but I have to say something. People here just complain to complain. This feature is clearly not made for OS or hardcore gamers. Its made for new madden gamers who are playing against the cpu and trying to learn the game. Its that simple.

People always say that EA is only about making money. And since that is the case why are people suprised about this. What do you think will make EA more money?: A feature that helps new gamers learn the game (Rewind) or features (accelarated clock and in game saves) that only the hardcore gamers (gamers who will probably buy the game anyway) will appreciate.

My guess is Rewind is the better choice from a financial sense because it will help bring in and keep new gamers.
The question why they can't do both?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 12:38 PM   #36
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogg
You are slick E.A.

this is NOT a new features guys. they had this same feature in madden for the n64.

i believe they were called madden mulligans or something.
you were only allowed to use 3 of them on that game.

hell madden on the n64 had an arcade mode as well.
the tackles were harder sounding and you clothelined people and could power bomb players.
It's similar, but this will also tie in with the backtrack feature (at least I think that's what it's called ) where Chris Collinsworth will use a telestrator to show you exactly where and how you screwed up in certain situations.

Last edited by coogrfan; 05-19-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:41 PM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The question why they can't do both?
Because there is only so much time in a calender year, their staff isnt as big as most of you think and the mandate from the head of the company is to focus on making the game more accesible to casual gamers.

Its such a waste of energy to complain about features added specifically for casual gamers. This is the way EA looks at it: If a new gamer finds Madden to difficult, they are likely to not buy the game or never buy another Madden game. Hardcore gamers are more reliable meaning even if there are some missing features, you guys are still likely to buy the game.

One year I'm going to make a list of all the people on this board who swear they wont buy the game and keep track of the ones who broke down and bought it. I promise for all the bitching that people do....70% or more of yall will buy the game.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #38
Banned

I don't see anything with the rewind feature. This feature will not bring new players to the game but it should be helpful to newer players.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:46 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Because there is only so much time in a calender year, their staff isnt as big as most of you think and the mandate from the head of the company is to focus on making the game more accesible to casual gamers.

Its such a waste of energy to complain about features added specifically for casual gamers. This is the way EA looks at it: If a new gamer finds Madden to difficult, they are likely to not buy the game or never buy another Madden game. Hardcore gamers are more reliable meaning even if there are some missing features, you guys are still likely to buy the game.

One year I'm going to make a list of all the people on this board who swear they wont buy the game and keep track of the ones who broke down and bought it. I promise for all the bitching that people do....70% or more of yall will buy the game.

I guess some people expect EA to hire more staff. EA should first take care of their core fans. A bird in a hand is better than two in the bush.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I don't see anything with the rewind feature. This feature will not bring new players to the game but it should be helpful to newer players.
It keeps new players. If someone new finds Madden 09 too difficult, they probably wont buy Madden 10. Rewind will help them improve and more likely to buy future versions of Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »