Home

Official "Thank you EA" thread.

This is a discussion on Official "Thank you EA" thread. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #9
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official "Thank you EA" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Dude the fact that you believe that they are trying means you've already bought into the EA hype machine.

If you honestly think this game is going to be the one that fullfills your Madden dreams then you are about as naive as a catholic school girl.(j/k)
I don't get it. I knew a couple of Catholic girls back when I was a kid, and they were anything but naive...
Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
If you honestly think this game is going to be the one that fullfills your Madden dreams then you are about as naive as a catholic school girl.(j/k)
I'm just willing to give them one more chance to earn my trust. Even all the people in here hating on this game will more than likely being playing it the same time as me.

If you guys think I believe Madden is even close to 2k5 you are mistaken. I don't think anyone really gets what I'm trying to do here. I just want EA to see that the little things are not going un-noticed. Picking on EA is like picking on that little mentally challenged kid in gym class. It's great at first, but then when you see how easy it is to find his shortcomings, you realize the fun is over. Because either way you can't change it. That's what EA bashing is like to me.

Not EA or myself is forcing anyone to buy this, but I just wanted to make it known that I do appreciate their attempt at becoming more than mediocre.

Oh, I am Catholic by the way
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Prediction-this is not going to end well...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Nah, I am rather impressed, but not going to buy into the hype, just because we have all of our hearts broken by them over the past few years. The no in game saves hurt me, but after reading and watching, I am starting to lean to picking up this game, after last year, I did not play it after the first week due to the bugs. The presentation is looking decent, and the gameplay is looking better. As long as I can play my franchise with NCAA rookies I will be happy with Madden. I just want it to last longer than two years where the FA pool dries up. That is what bugged me the most, but so far they got me hooked in, I put a deposit down this past weekend.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 05-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #13
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

Old 05-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I was just busting ya balls man. But I am honestly excitied to see 09 as well. I am just not getting extremely happy until I see if the hype is true this year. Are another repeat of pass years.

This is a health addition
In-Game Saves: Not enough time for a full game? Madden 09 will let franchise gamers save their progress midgame so they can resume running up the score on the Bears at their convenience
Old 05-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #15
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I was just busting ya balls man. But I am honestly excitied to see 09 as well. I am just not getting extremely happy until I see if the hype is true this year. Are another repeat of pass years.

This is a health addition
In-Game Saves: Not enough time for a full game? Madden 09 will let franchise gamers save their progress midgame so they can resume running up the score on the Bears at their convenience
Naw, there's no hard feelings man. I expected to be in the minority of this years upcoming Madden supporters, so this isn't really a shock.

People have every reason in the world to be skeptical and I respect that. I'm even skeptical, but I still am keeping a little faith in them. EA really has no choice but to start impressing people, and I just thought that eventually they are going to either try to do it or actually flat out do it.

Tell you guys what, after Madden comes out and you play it, come back in here and let me know if the new gameplay, presentation, and features changed your mind, even in the slightest. If EA did make somewhat of an improvement we can start to hope again. If it is the same garbage I will admit to my ignorance, lose all faith in EA, and crown myself OS King ******.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 03:22 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
If you guys think I believe Madden is even close to 2k5 you are mistaken. I don't think anyone really gets what I'm trying to do here. I just want EA to see that the little things are not going un-noticed. Picking on EA is like picking on that little mentally challenged kid in gym class. It's great at first, but then when you see how easy it is to find his shortcomings, you realize the fun is over. Because either way you can't change it. That's what EA bashing is like to me.
EA is not the mentally challenged kid in gym class! He's the kid with all the athletic ability in the world who has numerous resources at his finger tips and people who would love to work with him yet refuses them all because deep down inside he knows he has a poor work ethic!! 2k5 was made in 2004 yet is still light years ahead of Madden 2009. No refs,chain-gangs, interactive sidelines, online dynasties...etc!! I will thank them once I feel they have made an honest attempt to make the best football game possible. Until then I'm going to let you THANK EA for the REWIND feature by yourself.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »