Home

Official "Thank you EA" thread.

This is a discussion on Official "Thank you EA" thread. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Official "Thank you EA" thread.

Before you crucify me, let me say that I am a Madden critic from way back to last gen. I take everything EA says with a grain of salt and I have learned through experience not to blindly follow their "propaganda." HOWEVER...I want to just say - Thank you EA sports.

Let me explain why I want to thank a company that bought out my precious 2k series and prides itself on mediocrity.

We all know that every year that EA hypes us up and lets us down. It's something that most of you will agree with me on. Yet this year I can actually see they are trying. I mean really trying. Surely the anniversary aura that is surrounding this game is helping, but either way I can honestly appreciate what EA is trying to do for this years game.

They can't erase years of failure overnight. Nor do I expect them to, but when you look at what they are giving us for next year, you have to swallow your pride and utter even the smallest form of thanks.

Let's say that EA was only giving us half of the features they mentioned so far. Be honest with me, even if the hype wasn't as great you would more than likely give in at one point or another and buy the game. I know I would. EA knows this too. They could have given us half the features this year and still hook, line, and sink us. They didn't do that though.

What EA has done is become active on message boards, listen (even slightly) to consumer feedback, throw in 85 new features, give us more revamped gameplay, and much, much more.

While this may not solve everything, it is surely a HUGE step in the right direction. I really just want to say thanks and show them their extra effort is being appreciated. I never really see anyone say anything positive about EA (and usually rightfully so) but I think they have earned just a little newfound respect from some of us. Even with NCAA as well.

I'm not expecting everyone to throw their hands up and crown EA as king of sports gaming, but I just think that showing them some appreciation is well deserved, even if it is just for their effort in this years game. I'm not saying you're not supposed to criticize them when they are in the wrong, but just look past all of the last few years of mediocrity and give them a fresh start.

It pains me to say it, but EA really looks like it is trying to turn over a new leaf. Is this just media hype and false promises, or is the start of something new for EA? I can't answer that, but I am sure hoping so.

Bottom line is we are stuck with EA for a football experience. Well, an NFL one at least, so we pretty much have to go through them to get our fix. I still realize that, but with this years extra effort I want them to see how much we do appreciate it and how much it will help them in the future. I really hope they read this and see that we do notice!

So please, keep the negativity out of here and post things related to Madden (even NCAA) that you would like to thank EA for. I believe they earned some appreciation and with a little support they can change their ways and really start using their resources to give us a better NFL experience.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
It makes me sad
I post the frog

Last edited by baumy300; 05-19-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official "Thank you EA" thread.

Prediction-this is not going to end well...
Old 05-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Is this a joke?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:53 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Before you crucify me, let me say that I am a Madden critic from way back to last gen. I take everything EA says with a grain of salt and I have learned through experience not to blindly follow their "propaganda." HOWEVER...I want to just say - Thank you EA sports.

Let me explain why I want to thank a company that bought out my precious 2k series and prides itself on mediocrity.

We all know that every year that EA hypes us up and lets us down. It's something that most of you will agree with me on. Yet this year I can actually see they are trying. I mean really trying. Surely the anniversary aura that is surrounding this game is helping, but either way I can honestly appreciate what EA is trying to do for this years game.

They can't erase years of failure overnight. Nor do I expect them to, but when you look at what they are giving us for next year, you have to swallow your pride and utter even the smallest form of thanks.

Let's say that EA was only giving us half of the features they mentioned so far. Be honest with me, even if the hype wasn't as great you would more than likely give in at one point or another and buy the game. I know I would. EA knows this too. They could have given us half the features this year and still hook, line, and sink us. They didn't do that though.

What EA has done is become active on message boards, listen (even slightly) to consumer feedback, throw in 85 new features, give us more revamped gameplay, and much, much more.

While this may not solve everything, it is surely a HUGE step in the right direction. I really just want to say thanks and show them their extra effort is being appreciated. I never really see anyone say anything positive about EA (and usually rightfully so) but I think they have earned just a little newfound respect from some of us. Even with NCAA as well.

I'm not expecting everyone to throw their hands up and crown EA as king of sports gaming, but I just think that showing them some appreciation is well deserved, even if it is just for their effort in this years game. I'm not saying you're not supposed to criticize them when they are in the wrong, but just look past all of the last few years of mediocrity and give them a fresh start.

It pains me to say it, but EA really looks like it is trying to turn over a new leaf. Is this just media hype and false promises, or is the start of something new for EA? I can't answer that, but I am sure hoping so.

Bottom line is we are stuck with EA for a football experience. Well, an NFL one at least, so we pretty much have to go through them to get our fix. I still realize that, but with this years extra effort I want them to see how much we do appreciate it and how much it will help them in the future. I really hope they read this and see that we do notice!

So please, keep the negativity out of here and post things related to Madden (even NCAA) that you would like to thank EA for. I believe they earned some appreciation and with a little support they can change their ways and really start using their resources to give us a better NFL experience.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
Maybe you should use the "rewind" feature with this post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Prediction-this is not going to end well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
Is this a joke?
You guys are a hard group to please

Seriously though, I really do believe that EA is trying to get it right. We can either focus on the positives and appreciate their newfound sense of "effort," or we can just sit back, forget giving them a chance, and wait until release day to pounce on the first mistake we see in 09. Either way we are stuck with Madden if we want an NFL game. This isn't intended to start any flame wars, just simply for people who feel like I do to offer EA some support for their seemingly caring effort they are putting in this year.

If I am the only one, then the joke is on me. Either way I'm still pumped for this years game.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Maybe you should use the "rewind" feature with this post
HAHHAAHAHAHA!!! Yep and after he rewinds it go take a look at the NFL 2K5 board and look at the new video with updated rosters with Jamarcus Russell and Darren McFadden!! Pretty sure he would have a change of heart really quickly!
Old 05-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Dude the fact that you believe that they are trying means you've already bought into the EA hype machine.

If you honestly think this game is going to be the one that fullfills your Madden dreams then you are about as naive as a catholic school girl.(j/k)
Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Once again I will use gas price analogy the government has brain washed us so much that when gas prices "drop" to 3bucks a gallon everyone will be so happy and thank the oil company's and the government for helping us out by "lowering" the gas prices. In reality they should be around 2bucks a gallon.

EA is playing everyone they have set your expectations so low that when they "add" these 85 "new" features people start thanking and praising them. In reality these features should have been in there from day one not 3/4 years down the road.
Now am I glad they finally put them in yes! Am I going to thank them for it and scratch there nuts about it HELL NO!!!! All I can say its about time you START to catch up to features that were in games of 5 years ago and on 10x weaker systems!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »