Home

Eyes in back their head: Defense

This is a discussion on Eyes in back their head: Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Eyes in back their head: Defense

I was checking this out pretty heavy in the videos to see how the defense reacts to passes and such with out looking. I noticed in the pats video that the DBs still break for the ball without looking BUT the reaction time seems more balanced. They don't seem to be breaking on the ball the moment the pass is started.

Anyone noticed this?

I really really hope this is fixed since this was a big problem last year and part of the turnover issue.

Later guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Eyes in back their head: Defense

This was addressed by Ian Cummings last week.

Have spectacular catches / jet pack catches been toned down?
Yes, definitely. The spectacular catches have been toned way down in terms of how powerful they are, and defenders also have a much easier chance of knocking the ball out (since the receiver is really putting himself out there on big leaping catches like that).

Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?
This has been tuned way down as well. You will see MUCH more realistic defensive pass coverage / play from the linebackers and corners. They have a much harder time making plays on the ball that they don’t “see”, they react in a much more realistic time-frame to the play (using their play recognition rating) and the distance at which they can make a play on the ball in the air has been drastically tuned down…so more often than not you’ll see them try to set up for a big hit to jar the ball loose instead of warping over to swat the ball down.

Found in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-part-ii.html
Old 05-19-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Yes, definitely. The spectacular catches have been toned way down in terms of how powerful they are, and defenders also have a much easier chance of knocking the ball out (since the receiver is really putting himself out there on big leaping catches like that).

Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?
This has been tuned way down as well. You will see MUCH more realistic defensive pass coverage / play from the linebackers and corners. They have a much harder time making plays on the ball that they don’t “see”, they react in a much more realistic time-frame to the play (using their play recognition rating) and the distance at which they can make a play on the ball in the air has been drastically tuned down…so more often than not you’ll see them try to set up for a big hit to jar the ball loose instead of warping over to swat the ball down.

Found in this thread.
Nice find brother
Old 05-19-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

I'll wait and see....
Old 05-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #5
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Found in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-part-ii.html
I have to say it sounds great but I'm skeptical. Quite honestly, EA has earned skepticism from gamers, it's not just an attack. I can't help but think....what is he going to say?

"Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?"

"Yes they are still super-human and will react before the ball is even thrown."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
I have to say it sounds great but I'm skeptical. Quite honestly, EA has earned skepticism from gamers, it's not just an attack. I can't help but think....what is he going to say?

"Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?"

Good point
Old 05-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots

LOL, good one!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-19-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Actually, Ian Cummings has been fairly forthright about what he feels is good and bad about this game and games past as well as what has/hasn't been addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »