Home

Madden preview at IGN

This is a discussion on Madden preview at IGN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Madden preview at IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, it looked great, the only thing is, am I the only one who dislikes the score and game info being smack dab in the top-middle of the screen???
Yup, they're will be some upset gamers due to scoreboard screen burn in. Actually that would completely stink.

My one hope is that hopefully we have not seen all the presentation already. I have not yet read or remember whether or not playoff and superbowl will add more presentation.

I like that certain players have all there different celebrations in, I think playing against a buddy can be more fun this year. Think about it I don't even have talk trash or do there dance myself anymore after I score.

At this point the game looks more promising to me than NCAA, but when we actually play it, that can be a different story, but hopefully not. Take care guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #66
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Cosmetic wise the game looks fantastic!! The player models, field, lighting, are awesome. But, my concerns are player animation, movement, such as the QB animation (will everyone throw the same, will there be variances in throws) and RB animation (Will my man Marion Barber run like Barber? Will LT run like Lt).
From what I've read on the EA forums, there are no signature animations. Ian Cummings has hinted at trying to get them in next year but I guess we'll see.

As for the video, I thought it was pretty good. My only question is what happened to the awesome pre-play camera work we were seeing in the Giants/Pats trailer?

Last edited by RGiles36; 05-22-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #67
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Sounds like they are moving the right way, but itll take some hands on playing to see if its improved

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #68
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Cosmetic wise the game looks fantastic!! The player models, field, lighting, are awesome. But, my concerns are player animation, movement, such as the QB animation (will everyone throw the same, will there be variances in throws) and RB animation (Will my man Marion Barber run like Barber? Will LT run like Lt).

This is the effort EA needs to make in order to make this game complete. Add signature player styles to the skilled positions. I need not to see everyone run the same and do the same thing like robots. Sorry to reference the other game, but that's what makes NBA 2K8 and made NFL 2K5 special!! The games have personality and you barely see the same redundant gameplay.
Very well said

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not impressed with the clip at all! Presentation looks pretty standard. Simple additions like the Stat overlays and commentary should have been in from the start. That being said,the commentary still sounds robotic and the game still seams boring. These guys will never be able to reproduce the broadcast feel of an NFL game. Theyre all about mass apeal. Its just a small clip though and I hope another clip down the road will change my feelings.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 16

Why does the game seem so boring presentation wise?

After all these years EA can't get it right.

It feels empty and emotionless.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #71
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Why does the game seem so boring presentation wise?

After all these years EA can't get it right.

It feels empty and emotionless.
No real emotion from the players. I would like to see LT get tackled and then a close up shot of a linemen picking him up and running to the huddle laughing. A shot of players on the sideline talking strategy. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they added the QB walking to the line back if QB's acted the way they did in real life---scanning the field and making adjusments.

From an overlay perspective, the presentation looks good. There is just no personality in this game.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I hope they do address the accuracy of the commentary though. On the Rewind Clip, Collingsworth says the RB was down the field in the secondary uncovered, but they didn't point to LT. They pointed to Vincent Jackson who is not a RB Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things for me but would be nice if it was accurate. I see myself using the Rewind feature quite a bit actually, but not for the same purposes to which it is marketed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »