Home

Madden NFL 09: Reasons to be Excited

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 09: Reasons to be Excited within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
They still havent said anything about the half-time and post game highlights. What about the playoffs and superbowl? Is it going to be as stale as last year. Will the stats in the PIP window, be career stats or just game stats? 2k5 has all stats pop in there game and what about QB evade, i hate the way madden QB system is. Either u have to toss the ball away or get sack. How about giving the QB a chance to get away EA. They showing some improvement, but its a shame its taking them 4 years to do so. I guess they add just enough and then save the rest for next year. They then say we have 85 new more improvements..lol. Come on EA, get with it!!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Madden NFL 09: Reasons to be Excited

I can honestly say after watching (gameplay vids) and reading some of what is changing. This is the biggest single year leap MADDEN has made. It truly has me VERY VERY excitied.

Chaulk me up as = HYPED
Old 05-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
Rookie

"Yeah, it’s not online franchises, but this is a great start. "

Um no it is not. If you are going to do something why half-a$$ is? If they wanted to go the online league route then they should have at least fixed the locker feature so people could have a way to run online leagues themselves. For the life of me I still can not figure out why this idea of spawning and merging games was never refined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 11:19 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Madden NFL 09: Reasons to be Excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
"Yeah, it’s not online franchises, but this is a great start. "

Um no it is not. If you are going to do something why half-a$$ is? If they wanted to go the online league route then they should have at least fixed the locker feature so people could have a way to run online leagues themselves. For the life of me I still can not figure out why this idea of spawning and merging games was never refined.
They only have so much time. So would you rather not include anything.

I mean they could nclude online franchise but without enough time to fine tune it and make it bug free then it would end up with a bunch of problems. Then we would see nothing but post like "ONLINE FRANCHISE BUGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHH" or some other nonsense. Atleast this way they can fine tune the single season route and work the rest of next year to get the franchise part included. Don't be so entirely negative when they are atleast trying to include something useful and something we all want.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Ever since last years game, im not going to believe or take the hype that EA Sports are trying to make out of this game, im going to wait until OS posts their review until deciding weather or not to buy this crappy game.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:22 PM   #14
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

I mean they could nclude online franchise but without enough time to fine tune it and make it bug free then it would end up with a bunch of problems. Then we would see nothing but post like "ONLINE FRANCHISE BUGS AHHHHHHHHHHHHH" or some other nonsense. Atleast this way they can fine tune the single season route and work the rest of next year to get the franchise part included. Don't be so entirely negative when they are atleast trying to include something useful and something we all want.
They've had about 4 years. How much more time do they need?
Old 05-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

"They only have so much time."

What about the NCAA developers? They found the time.

"So would you rather not include anything."

To answer your question. I would rather they add a working locker feature this year. Since they already have the groundwork from that established. Yes it is not pretty but if functioning it does allow for an online franchise. You just don't have a pretty interface to look at the stats and interact with members. But everyone can download the franchise file to view stats and progression on their own. Then they could have had a portion of this development cycle and ALL of next development cycle to develop a fully functional online franchise feature in which they house the data and have an online interface for the seperate franchises. So I feel the time they spent on the online league is kind of a waste because the framework is faulty to begin with.

I am being negative on the one feature (or lack thereof) not the entire product. So I hardly call that being entirely negative. I just feel that the NCAA guys had the right approach and the Madden guys did not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #16
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

OVR: 15
No Comment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »