Home

First step in Creating a Pocket in MAdden and NCAA

This is a discussion on First step in Creating a Pocket in MAdden and NCAA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: First step in Creating a Pocket in MAdden and NCAA

once they get the pocket implimented. Qb animations will have to be addressed to make the pocket a luxury for the QB, as it is in madden and NCAA its much more of a positive to run around the backfield every play till you spot a reciever. usualy when i use the pocket its because i want to play that way, not because thats the safest and most effective place for my QB to deliver a pass. i think transitions animations and having to reset his feet to make a throw would do along way to do this.

I love mobile QBs so its important not to over do it, but most QBs once the break the pocket and are running lateraly are only accurate if throwing to a reciever running back at them to help out or recievers runing in the direction they are heading. even M Vick usualy had to stop and set his feet to make those throws down field after runing around like a jack rabbit. he just reset his feet lightning fast.

Edit: on that note please tweak hot blocking AI for RB's & FB's. they should hang back deep in the pocket and pick up the blitz, or pass rush that breaks through. this hasnt been done well by any company since QB club 99 (NES) when playing that game if my RB was right be side me i knew if some on broke free he would make the effort to keep them off of me. not just run off looking for someone to block

Last edited by TeeDogg; 05-26-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDogg
this hasnt been done well by any company since QB club 99 (NES) when playing that game if my RB was right be side me i knew if some on broke free he would make the effort to keep them off of me. not just run off looking for someone to block
They had quarterback club 99 for NES?

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
They had quarterback club 99 for NES?

sorry, i said "NES" as an abreviation for nintendo in general. it was actualy the N64. acclaim realy made some advancements on that hardware. if im not mistaken QBclub 99 was the peak, before the series quickly went back to crap. at that point they needed to address some some serious AI flaws and continue to improve animations but they dropped the ball completley.

Last edited by TeeDogg; 05-26-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
one thing that I will say is that Ian mentioned that the OL/DL interaction needs some TLC and they are putting it on the list of things to do for 2010. So hopefully we get improvements next year. Unfortunately, that doesn't help us this year.
The interesting this is that those types of issues should be job one at the start of every development cycle. Anywho, I feel like if OL/DL interaction was correct then everything else would fall into place.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #13
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

i remember one time i was playing NE..as soon as the ball was snapped, my whole dline got pancaked at the same time lol
Old 05-26-2008, 05:58 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Its not new animations
Its not a new AI engine
Its actually quite simple...

Stop letting the DLine get pushed around; keep the big fellas off the ground. There are too many pancake blocks and too many successful cut/chop blocks... Sometimes a Olineman's successful attempt at a block is just getting in the way. You cant always engage a defender especially to the point of putting them on their arse.
Yep that'd be a good first step

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #15
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
But why are they getting manhandled at the LOS?

Its because the dline A.I. doesn't "understand" that its supposed to make moves that take away leverage, balance and angles, and when a User(who does understand those things) is controlling the player the animations don't exist to let him accomplish his goal.

In real life if a DE just went straight at the tackle and let him get his hands on him with good leverage every play he would get mauled most of the time.

Outstanding Post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
The interesting this is that those types of issues should be job one at the start of every development cycle. Anywho, I feel like if OL/DL interaction was correct then everything else would fall into place.
AGREED!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »