Home

I need help with uniforms!

This is a discussion on I need help with uniforms! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I need help with uniforms!

the names on the back of the jerseys for the cowboys were wrong in madden 08, they should have the font that the jets use
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2008, 06:02 PM   #42
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

For the Browns, it should be orange gloves, not brown
Also it should be the white pants on white jerseys, not brown pants

Thanks

Last edited by baseball88; 05-26-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
For the Browns, it should be orange gloves, not brown
Also it should be the white pants on white jerseys, not brown pants

Thanks
The brown's white on white uniforms are in the game, but the socks are wrong. The orange and brown stripes are too thick. Here's some reference material.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg browniesnow.jpg (16.4 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg brownies.jpg (31.9 KB, 335 views)
Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know this hasn't been brought up, but I wanted to let Ian know about the lengths in tape for players shoes in Madden. I've noticed that when you choose the high ankle tape it pretty much covers your whole leg to the point that it looks like you're wearing boots:

Now I have never seen to this day an actual NFL player wear such long taped ankles to his knees. The usual is low cut tape, or mid-to-high tape shown in this pick by the Chicago Bears:
Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #45
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Correct

Madden 09
As a life long die-hard skins fan and season ticket holder, please make sure that we have this option as the main/default uniform. The burgundy/gold stripe is THE default uniform. They only went with the long burgundy socks, fairly recently during the Clinton Portis/Sean Taylor (RIP) era. But the white jersey/burgundy pants uniform is the main Redskins uniform.

Also, as a few posters mentioned above, the default home uniform is ALWAYS white jersey with the burgundy pants (same with Dallas). If you could make this happen, it would be fantastic, as this is part of the tradition of the Skins/Cowboys match-up as these are part of the very few times we actually see these teams forced to wear their dark jerseys (when playing each other on the road!).

Also, it would be a nice addition if you could put in the white on whites for the Skins as well, as this was a significant part of the Gibbs 2.0/Sean Taylor era...

And it would really cool if you could get these uniforms in the game as a retro option. They were in a last-gen version (can't remember which one), but they failed to make the transition to next-gen (yet!)...

And the 75th Anniversary uniforms they wore last year...

Last edited by ausar72; 05-27-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Ian one thing. Can we get black tape?
Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
I know this hasn't been brought up, but I wanted to let Ian know about the lengths in tape for players shoes in Madden. I've noticed that when you choose the high ankle tape it pretty much covers your whole leg to the point that it looks like you're wearing boots:

Now I have never seen to this day an actual NFL player wear such long taped ankles to his knees. The usual is low cut tape, or mid-to-high tape shown in this pick by the Chicago Bears:

Yeah, please fix this!!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #48
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Since this thread is not that active and Mastershake listed everything wrong with all the unis, I thought it would be cool to post this. Not sure if Ian saw this post in the other thread. I would hate for the cowboys to finally fix their helmets then screw up the stadium. Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
One last thing I noticed, the endzone in the Cowboys vs Eagles vid seem to be navy when it should be a bright royal blue. It could just be the feed we received. I would'nt post is if it wasnt very noticeable, but it is. Thanks again Ian.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...um-Posters.jpg

Madden 09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »