Home

Anyone else concerned about the franchise mode

This is a discussion on Anyone else concerned about the franchise mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone else concerned about the franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
as an offline player only, i'm always concerned about Franchise mode. i'm hoping they made improvements to Franchise and simply will not make the purchase this year if Franchise is broken.
My sentiments exactly. I'm strictly an offline franchise guy. If it's broken again, I won't buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #26
Banned

When they say improved trade logic, does that mean that finally we can see two CPU controlled teams make a trade? To me this is one of the reasons I couldn't get into Madden the last several years.

this is a big deal for me, also. it is just plain boring in Franchise when the CPU puts players on their trading block but they don't actually initiate or make any trades. if the User does not initiate a trade, there are ZERO trades. that bites! same with putting players on IR. there are also minimal FA pickups. etc...etc...

it'd be great if there was a slider for "CPU Transactions"...something like that. We could then each choose to have a very active league or choose to really minimize CPU moves.

anyway...i'll refrain from including how cool 2K5 was in this regard, also. oops. my bad.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Has anyone heard anything on player progression. That's something that has had me pissed for a while, no matter if a guy on my team had a record breaking year or one of the worst years ever. the progression would not fit with what actually happened that year before. I hope they look at how to make the progression fit what is actually happening with the player.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
Franchise mode is the foundation of Madden. I know plenty of people who are not good at playing the game but want to build a team in franchise mode.

It is hard to explain how bland the franchise has been on next gen.
The traing drills for last gen were great. I haven't liked this gens training modes as much. Hopefully you fix this.

Well said!!! Especially the training aspect. I think the new training system is horrible. Bench pressing or running a 40 yd dash with an x-box controller just doesn't work? Not that the old system was great by any means, but I would prefer they go back to the old training system versus the current one.

Last edited by Steeler99; 05-28-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #29
Banned

yeah, i'm horrible at the training skills. the only one i really like is the lead blocking one. i enjoy pulling and taking defenders out with OL.
weightlifting and sprinting blow.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #30
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
When they say improved trade logic, does that mean that finally we can see two CPU controlled teams make a trade? To me this is one of the reasons I couldn't get into Madden the last several years.

this is a big deal for me, also. it is just plain boring in Franchise when the CPU puts players on their trading block but they don't actually initiate or make any trades. if the User does not initiate a trade, there are ZERO trades. that bites! same with putting players on IR. there are also minimal FA pickups. etc...etc...

it'd be great if there was a slider for "CPU Transactions"...something like that. We could then each choose to have a very active league or choose to really minimize CPU moves.

anyway...i'll refrain from including how cool 2K5 was in this regard, also. oops. my bad.
I'm right there with all of you guys...One thing that always pissed me off w/ Madden in regards to the trading block is that it seemed like the same players were on there yr to yr. Like for 2 or 3 yrs in a row I remember Marcus Stroud being on the Jags trading block. There were other players too like the Chiefs second TE Jason Dunn. I was starting to think that there were certain players programmed to be on the trading block.

I wonder if Marcus Stroud will be on the Bills trading block in 09 now that he actually was traded from the Jags?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I'm right there with all of you guys...One thing that always pissed me off w/ Madden in regards to the trading block is that it seemed like the same players were on there yr to yr. Like for 2 or 3 yrs in a row I remember Marcus Stroud being on the Jags trading block. There were other players too like the Chiefs second TE Jason Dunn. I was starting to think that there were certain players programmed to be on the trading block.

I wonder if Marcus Stroud will be on the Bills trading block in 09 now that he actually was traded from the Jags?

Gus Frerotte, Kelly Holcombe. Yeah, I know what you mean.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #32
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm a dedicated franchise guy, but I'd prefer a bare bones Franchise that works to a fully featured owner mode that's broken.

That means a complete overhaul, notably for CPU owner AI, progression, draft classes, and stat generation. Thankfully, Tiburon has stated the stat engine and the progression system have been overhauled, and that's a huge start.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of owner mode in it's current form. What NFL owner sets his own hot dog prices? He doesn't... he doesn't even sell hot dogs. He leases space and rights to sell in the stadium to venders... this is assuming he has the right to do so, as he may be leasing the stadium, which means the stadium has first rights to venders. This dynamic is far more interesting than setting hot dog prices. Hell, the Twins can't even sell most of their luxury boxes because the Vikings own 'em all (i know, I've tried to get Luxury boxes for a Twins game).

Ticket prices can't be changed from game to game without major flak from the fans. Most of your tickets are sold before the games are even played anyways in the form of package deals such as season tickets. Once they're sold, there's no changing the prices.

Advertising should be an annual investment, not a weekly adjustment. You should be able to supplement the initial investment, but once you've dedicated the annual amount, there's no taking it back.

There's just so much to owner mode that doesn't work. Unless they're gonna go get Sid Meier to rebuild it, I'd rather they scrapped it and built from scratch. Drop the business aspect and concentrate on a complete football experience unless you can do it right.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-28-2008 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »