Home

Gang Tackling Challenge Response (from Ian Cummings)

This is a discussion on Gang Tackling Challenge Response (from Ian Cummings) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Gang Tackling Challenge Response (from Ian Cummings)

Ian great job, I had a quick question about tackling in the last thread not sure if you saw it. So here it is again!

Ian if your still looking at this thread I have another question/comment. Why in the heck does Madden have so many of those damn WWE style shoulder tackles, those take away so much from the realism. If Madden could eliminate those type of "over the top NFL Blitz" style tackles that would be great. Also there is to many of people just grazing each other resulting in a tackle. There are far to many situations where these two type of tackles happen. Very rarely in football if at all will you see the defensive guy make a tackle with out going to the ground, in Madden this happens WAY to much. I hope Im explaining this the right way, if Im not please let me know so some how we can get a video example.

If you could let us know if these types of tackles have been toned down or hopefully removed altogether
Old 05-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #34
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Okay, I'm taking wagers. How much ya'll wanna bet that the Super Secret stuff is the OL/DL and Gang-Tackling? They're busy going through the code figuring out what needs to be re-written for next cycle. Just a hypothesis, but I've got a dollar on it......

P.S. Dang, Ian. I didn't know you were back.......

He said it wasn't gameplay, so I'm guessing it was something else, but if they had a gameplay guy doing something else I hope it is something that we here will appreciate, and enjoy.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Me neither...lol
Your a funny dude. Thanks for the effort.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #36
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Where are you referring to? Might be able to tweak it.
Around 0:54 seconds

Right when the gang tackle animation starts number 67 on Seattle cuts towards a defender.

Maybe its not suction blocking but its weird logic..Especially with the new animations..being able to get out of a tackle, shouldnt the o lineman be following the ball carrier wherever he goes?
Old 05-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
I think he was referring to that you were practicing with the Seahawks in their stadium(empty),, something I liked as well. Im looking forward to the video tomorrow, thanks for the hard work. Any update on any of the uniform issues specifically the Jets logo on the helmet?
Yeah that guy switched his post out on me...it originally talked about suction blocking.

I am working on a big update to post about uniforms...I might actually get one of the guys on the Madden team to get here and post all the updates (there have been a lot). I am pretty sure the Jets logo was fixed in this batch.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #38
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Quote:
Yeah that guy switched his post out on me...it originally talked about suction blocking.

I am working on a big update to post about uniforms...I might actually get one of the guys on the Madden team to get here and post all the updates (there have been a lot). I am pretty sure the Jets logo was fixed in this batch.
Check above, I switched it on accident.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

Thank you once again
Old 05-27-2008, 08:10 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Around 0:54 seconds

Right when the gang tackle animation starts number 67 on Seattle cuts towards a defender.

Maybe its not suction blocking but its weird logic..Especially with the new animations..being able to get out of a tackle, shouldnt the o lineman be following the ball carrier wherever he goes?
WOAH dude that is WICKED suction...I didn't even notice that when I captured it. I will have to try and repro that tomorrow and get it fixed. Nice find! Want to be a tester Kev5890?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »