Home

Thank You Ian Cummings

This is a discussion on Thank You Ian Cummings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
Thank You Ian Cummings

I'm not sure if Ian understands the impact he is having on people in this forum, but I know I can speak for myself when I say that this is the type of interaction we have been craving for years from the EA group.

I remember last year when he blogged over at EA asking people their preferences on rag doll physics among other things. I was shocked and at the same time excited to see some enthusiasm from someone over at EA (not to say it doesn't happen, but the first time a lot of us were seeing some sort of interaction).

So whether or not Madden '09 meets our expectations, I wanted to create a separate thread to throw some thanks and gratitude to our voice over at EA, Ian, for getting a lot of us excited - hopefully for the return of a great Madden game.

Last edited by green94; 05-28-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Thank You Ian Cummings

Much love and respect for Thefuture. It's funny that his screen name isn't about the future of Madden, per se. But he and Phil really are, as well as others. Here's to hoping this new Glasnost actually works and gets blessed by The Big Peter (Moore that is...). Many thanks Ian, Thanks for coming by, please stay a long while....... Brian.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Co-sign this thread. I never thought I'd see the day a Madden guy would be over at OS. Now if we can only get a NCAA guy over here........ Seriously tho this type of interaction is what sports games need. Major props to Ian.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Ian...thank you.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 12

I aint thank'n nobody untill I play the damn game! But I do respect your posting on OS Ian.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was going to say something in the gang tackling challenge thread, but this should be better. But Wow, I think Ian is slowly starting to change my feelings about Madden and EA in general.

I haven't bought an Madden since 03 or 04. The last two football games I bought were 2k5 and 2k8. I've rented past Maddens and hated them. I'm actually to the point, I might buy 09 just because of the interaction of IAN and his response thread.

I'm seeing a huge improvement in gameplay and that is my number one thing. I'll keep watching new vids as they get posted and see if they improve more. But right now I'm getting excited. I thought I was going to be playing 2K8 for another year or more.

Keep up the good work Ian.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Hey Ian, one more thing. I told you that this was a great site! There are some of the best Sports Gaming fans on the net here. And they don't cuss you out either! You seem to be here more than MM now. And thanks again for my own personal reply on the EA forums. (BSCOTTY) Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-27-2008, 10:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

yeah thx alot mang...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »