Home

List of things that you'd like to see improved in future versions of Madden

This is a discussion on List of things that you'd like to see improved in future versions of Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
List of things that you'd like to see improved in future versions of Madden

Alright. We know that Ian and the gang are knocking themselves out trying to get gang tackling to the point that we want it. Now, lets get a list going of other things that we'd like to see fixed in future versions of Madden. After a list is compiled, I'll then make a poll and we can prioritize what we feel should be the first thing they fix and so on and so forth. To make it easier to get a list for the later poll, please use this format:

*Thing I'd like to see fixed in a few words

Then explain why you feel this way, or your ideas on how it can be done or why its important.

Thanks.

Now, fire away.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
2 Gap Dlinemen and Hybrid players

I got one for you but for next year though. Tagging certain Defensive Linemen as two gap players. Let me see if I can explain in brief. I will use Ace - Singleback Big in the game and I Formation as examples. Let's put them up against a 43 defense. Ehh what the heck chalk board.

ACE

TE T G C G T TE

D C B A A B C D

Now here I have to defend 8 gaps. With the I formation we intuit a ghost gap on the weak side so even there I have to defend 8 gaps. Two of A-D. In the standard base 43, 34 I only have seven players up front. So what this means already is if someone does not draw a double team, or if we are not run blitzing, then we are going to get killed on the ground. I think just by adding 2 gap Dlinemen in would help alot. Maybe have it as a weapon or something. Of course not every team is going to have one, but I think that's good. It opens up the play style. Some people would have to blitz more than others. Maybe just have all the brickwall Dlinemen be two gap players?

Also how can you guys address hybrid players like Terrell Suggs. Last year in 08 I was sad to see Suggs not be able to be moved to DE in 4-3. You guys had Ngata as the 4-3 DE. Maybe also tag hybrid players too like Suggs, Adalius Thomas ect
Old 05-27-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Re: List of things that you'd like to see improved in future versions of Madden

I'll have to wait until I play the game myself, but I'd like to see Madden just keep moving more and more toward replicating an actual broadcast. Tighter post play camera cuts, more replays, shots of the sideline players and coaches, some fan cutscenes, more replay analysis between commentators, and also add another commentator. Also I'd like to see the injury cutscenes updated.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-27-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I'll have to wait until I play the game myself, but I'd like to see Madden just keep moving more and more toward replicating an actual broadcast. Tighter post play camera cuts, more replays, shots of the sideline players and coaches, some fan cutscenes, more replay analysis between commentators, and also add another commentator. Also I'd like to see the injury cutscenes updated.
this thread is just to give them something to toss around in their pre-production meetings for Madden 2010.

But your point is well taken Sage.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-27-2008, 11:21 PM   #5
Rookie

trendsetter09's Arena

OVR: 4

I wanted to ask if the Challenging system could be improved. It seems as if the computer never challenges anything, also will we be able to choose specifically what we want to challenge? (ex. ball spot error, stepped out of bounds, whether receiver had possession or not). 2k also implemented this very well. A QB Evade functionality would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

my major items:

1. advanced gang tackling/ multiple player interactions

2. pocket play on both sides of the ball and Qb mechanics/animations

3. no scripted interceptions = ball warping to defenders + defenders warping to the ball

4. next gen camera work and presentation

5. continue to make all animations lifelike and varried . hate playing 4 games and feeling like ive seen it all. or sometimes one game : (

6. next gen challenge system
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Here are my main things and I don't think many of mine are all that difficult (certainly not as difficult as gang tackling/OL+DL play, etc):

1. Allow weather & time of day to be used online and allow the user to choose both.

2. Allow alternate uniforms online.

3. When you pick your uniform show a player wearing the uniforms so you can choose by looking at him like it used to on the old PS2 Madden.

4. Start showing stat overlays frequently with commentary from the announcers contextual to the stats being displayed.

5. In relation to #4 have stats in Franchise be discussed for the season along with an overlay (i.e. Terrel Owens is closing in on 1,000 yards receiving for the year).

6. For online: Allow a friends list search with the option to challenge a friend as a ranked game (right now you can challenge a friend on your friend list quickly but not to a ranked game, only unranked).

7. In game saves and/or automatic end of quarter saves

8. I'd like to see wind affect more than kicking, it should also affect passing trajectory.

9. In relation to #8 I would like kicking to be overhauled. I never miss kicks. Honestly I think maybe the old golf-type meter may have been better in regards to at least sometimes you missed a kick.

10. Footprints in the snow along with snow moving when players slide along the ground.

11. Players should have towels like NFL Fever 2004 did.

12. In franchise I'd like a random face generator so new guys coming in have their own unique look instead of just a missing face.

13. Improve the sideline players, coaches, etc.

14. More cut scenes of various things going on like ESPN 2K games had (players on sidelines breathing oxygen, riding a bike, head coach discussing a call with the ref).

15. Get refs on the field and allow the user to choose how they interact with players like in the NHL game (ie the ref can be run into and knock your player off your path or he can be like a ghost so that players will run right through them for those who don't want a ref getting in their way).

16. In relation to #15 have an option to have the refs place the ball down before the snap, with occasionally changing the ball (ie throwing the "old ball to another ref and getting a new ball thrown to him) which is something that you see constantly in a real NFL game but hasn't been in Madden since the Genesis days.

17. Add some randomness to the game's overall look. I think one reason Madden doesn't look as much like real NFL as it could is it needs more randomness as to how players look and stand. For example some players have a bit of a sloppy look to them with their jerseys not tucked in quite right, socks hanging down, others are immaculate. And show cut scenes of players standing around in different positions talking to other players/coaches during instant replays and or when the end of the quarter is taking place.

18. Injuries should not be immediately known as to what is going on and instead should have a bit more mystery about them to add the true level of intrigue to the game that real injuries instill in a real NFL game. Also, injuries should have various levels of seriousness (which they kind of do now) and that should be reflected in how the training staff deals with the guy who is hurt. If he's serious have them come out and look at him and maybe help him off the field for a play or the rest of the game. On rare occasions, for very, very serious injuries have the cart come onto the field. The days of one lone guy wallowing about by himself with no training staff in sight before mysteriously disappearing from the field should be over with Madden 09.

Those are the ones right off the top of my head.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 PM   #8
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Here are my main things and I don't think many of mine are all that difficult (certainly not as difficult as gang tackling/OL+DL play, etc):

1. Allow weather & time of day to be used online and allow the user to choose both.

2. Allow alternate uniforms online.

3. When you pick your uniform show a player wearing the uniforms so you can choose by looking at him like it used to on the old PS2 Madden.

4. Start showing stat overlays frequently with commentary from the announcers contextual to the stats being displayed.

5. In relation to #4 have stats in Franchise be discussed for the season along with an overlay (i.e. Terrel Owens is closing in on 1,000 yards receiving for the year).

6. For online: Allow a friends list search with the option to challenge a friend as a ranked game (right now you can challenge a friend on your friend list quickly but not to a ranked game, only unranked).

7. In game saves and/or automatic end of quarter saves

8. I'd like to see wind affect more than kicking, it should also affect passing trajectory.

9. In relation to #8 I would like kicking to be overhauled. I never miss kicks. Honestly I think maybe the old golf-type meter may have been better in regards to at least sometimes you missed a kick.

10. Footprints in the snow along with snow moving when players slide along the ground.

11. Players should have towels like NFL Fever 2004 did.

12. In franchise I'd like a random face generator so new guys coming in have their own unique look instead of just a missing face.

13. Improve the sideline players, coaches, etc.

14. More cut scenes of various things going on like ESPN 2K games had (players on sidelines breathing oxygen, riding a bike, head coach discussing a call with the ref).

15. Get refs on the field and allow the user to choose how they interact with players like in the NHL game (ie the ref can be run into and knock your player off your path or he can be like a ghost so that players will run right through them for those who don't want a ref getting in their way).

16. In relation to #15 have an option to have the refs place the ball down before the snap, with occasionally changing the ball (ie throwing the "old ball to another ref and getting a new ball thrown to him) which is something that you see constantly in a real NFL game but hasn't been in Madden since the Genesis days.

17. Add some randomness to the game's overall look. I think one reason Madden doesn't look as much like real NFL as it could is it needs more randomness as to how players look and stand. For example some players have a bit of a sloppy look to them with their jerseys not tucked in quite right, socks hanging down, others are immaculate. And show cut scenes of players standing around in different positions talking to other players/coaches during instant replays and or when the end of the quarter is taking place.

18. Injuries should not be immediately known as to what is going on and instead should have a bit more mystery about them to add the true level of intrigue to the game that real injuries instill in a real NFL game. Also, injuries should have various levels of seriousness (which they kind of do now) and that should be reflected in how the training staff deals with the guy who is hurt. If he's serious have them come out and look at him and maybe help him off the field for a play or the rest of the game. On rare occasions, for very, very serious injuries have the cart come onto the field. The days of one lone guy wallowing about by himself with no training staff in sight before mysteriously disappearing from the field should be over with Madden 09.

Those are the ones right off the top of my head.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »