Home

Gameplay footage with commentary

This is a discussion on Gameplay footage with commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Gameplay footage with commentary

Pretty damm dull IMO.
Minnesota Wild
Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

I really hope they fix Hammond's commentary as much as possible. It sounds choppy. Collinsworth is great.

And yes, enough with the scoreboard shots after a sack. The view should stay on the field as much as possible. The same goes for constantly showing the wide shots of the stadium.

I'm excited, though. The presentation has definitely improved.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

It seems EA is really trying to give us what we want in a football game. But when I watch these clips it's still feels like somethings missing. Why is it so hard to give us what we got from that other football game that came out 4 years ago?

Where's The ESPN Sports Center desk at the start of the game giving us a quick match up? This may be a small feature but when I see Chris Berman at the beginning of NFL 2k5 giving me a few facts about the teams about to play, and saying it's the Chiefs Vs the Raaaidersss, that's to me is a cool feature.

Where's the sideline reporters? I know this clip is to short to let us see that, but will Madden 09 have sideline reporters? If a player gets hurt will we get a report from a sideline reporter?

Will they interview the coach at halftime and give us his thoughts?

Where are the refs on the field , and the chain gang? Will they come out on the field for a measurment on a close play?

I hope they have some kind of decent halftime show, and a weekly wrap up with live action highlights during season and franchise play.

All things that were done in 2k5.

Madden 09 is improved, and I'll most likely buy it, I just hope it can hold my interest long enough to complete a full season. In Madden 08 I got bored halfway through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #12
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
It seems EA is really trying to give us what we want in a football game. But when I watch these clips it's still feels like somethings missing. Why is it so hard to give us what we got from that other football game that came out 4 years ago?

Where's The ESPN Sports Center desk at the start of the game giving us a quick match up? This may be a small feature but when I see Chris Berman at the beginning of NFL 2k5 giving me a few facts about the teams about to play, and saying it's the Chiefs Vs the Raaaidersss, that's to me is a cool feature.

Where's the sideline reporters? I know this clip is to short to let us see that, but will Madden 09 have sideline reporters? If a player gets hurt will we get a report from a sideline reporter?

Will they interview the coach at halftime and give us his thoughts?

Where are the refs on the field , and the chain gang? Will they come out on the field for a measurment on a close play?

I hope they have some kind of decent halftime show, and a weekly wrap up with live action highlights during season and franchise play.

All things that were done in 2k5.

Madden 09 is improved, and I'll most likely buy it, I just hope it can hold my interest long enough to complete a full season. In Madden 08 I got bored halfway through.
To answer you, albeit your post was rhetorical in nature, nope nope double-nope. Presentation is gonna be just what you've seen and I haven't heard about any special playoff/SB atmosphere. If there is hopefully someone will leak it out of Comm. Days. Not holding breathe, though.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #13
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
All great points, but I really miss this feature.

When a player went out in 2K5, the sideline reporter was critical in letting you know when he'd be back. It's much better to hear that news than read it (if the text update is offered at all).
Old 05-30-2008, 01:51 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I tried playing NCAA 08 the other night and got so bored so quick I made to half only. Before it got turned off.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 13

Ya know, I applaud EA for improving the presentation, but it still cracks me up how vastly superior NFL 2K5 is in terms of presentation and overall atmosphere. I mean its not even close, and this is a game that came out 4 years ago on a far less powerful console.

I mean hell, the graphics on 2K5 are almost just as good as Maddens are now. With the capabilities of the next gen consoles, there is absolutely no reason why the presentation and atmosphere shouldnt be at least ON PAR with NFL 2K5. Even with the new commentators, the commentating is average at best. It still sounds robotic and lame.

And for the record, I am not a 2K5 fanboy, I just dont understand how a game made 4 years ago on for the older consoles is still so much better in terms of presentation and atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthreemafia
Ya know, I applaud EA for improving the presentation, but it still cracks me up how vastly superior NFL 2K5 is in terms of presentation and overall atmosphere. I mean its not even close, and this is a game that came out 4 years ago on a far less powerful console.

&nbsp

&nbsp

I mean hell, the graphics on 2K5 are almost just as good as Maddens are now. With the capabilities of the next gen consoles, there is absolutely no reason why the presentation and atmosphere shouldnt be at least ON PAR with NFL 2K5. Even with the new commentators, the commentating is average at best. It still sounds robotic and lame.

And for the record, I am not a 2K5 fanboy, I just dont understand how a game made 4 years ago on for the older consoles is still so much better in terms of presentation and atmosphere.
You can thank Berman for the wonderful commentary

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »