Home

Followup on the Gang Tackling Response

This is a discussion on Followup on the Gang Tackling Response within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Followup on the Gang Tackling Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ian

Another quick question, I know 2k and Ea have different codes but NCAA and Madden are essentially the same why not incorporate these features in NCAA also, wouldn't be just copy paste I know Im making it sound easier than it is but NCAA would be that much better with all this stuff.

Oh and PLEASE IGNORE the morons that just say crap and you know who they are, WE REALLY DO APPRECIATE THE WORK YOU ARE DOING !
Again we wanted to do this on purpose to keep the games separate. Also, one of the greatest thing about our animation technology is that features like this are mostly handled inside the animation data instead of in code - allowing us to do features with very little dev support. I guess the downside is that there'd be no copying and pasting I guess...but next year we could hypothetically just drop the Madden animation project into NCAA if people indeed liked the Madden stuff better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #42
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

NCAA is definitely seeming like a step child right now, lol. This is probably the 1st time I'm anticipating Madden more. Either way both games look great. IMO I think the games should have the same tech, just make the gameplay, presentation, and rules different to reflect each brand of the sport. I don't think either game should get the short end of the stick.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 15

Ian, these vids look pretty good to me. Good work....

On a side note, have you had the time to look into the issue of the CPU AI not throwing deep against human opponents?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #44
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
No, the button-based tackle breaking is not in NCAA. We actually did this on purpose...we did a lot more stuff under the "wide open gameplay" moniker by actively using our new tackling system to create a much more robust overpursuit and underpursuit system. So you can't make guys miss with buttons in NCAA...you make them miss by making them take bad angles. So it doesn't have the same thing as Madden, but I think it's actually just as cool...just a different (more collegiate) approach.
I can live with that. I had a feeling the wide-open gameplay was a little different "under the hood" than Madden's enhancements. Then again, the college game and NFL game are two different animals. Thanks.

I also agree with what Ram209 is saying. If the Madden system of tackling and running are superior to NCAA and make sense to put in the college game, then it should be in there.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 05-28-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #45
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Ian, it's great to see the interaction between you and this community. And I really like that you plan to continue to interact with us as the dev cycle ramps up for Madden 10 (or whatever it will be called).

I think the animations look pretty good for the most part, though I though the first play looked a bit odd. The Left DE comes in and it looks like he just runs into the RB and the tackler and then the DE just kinda falls off. Maybe it's just the long distance angle.

On the INT, I think it is Maroney that makes the tackle, he makes kind of an odd 'circle' when he makes the tackle. I love how the DB (I assume it's Hall) holds the ball like a loaf of bread.

On the McFadden run at the 1:06 mark it looks like he does a little skating through the line. It's after the initial contact is made.

I am just nitpicking here, I do like how this is looking (still praying for accel clock.....)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Ian, it's great to see the interaction between you and this community. And I really like that you plan to continue to interact with us as the dev cycle ramps up for Madden 10 (or whatever it will be called).

I think the animations look pretty good for the most part, though I though the first play looked a bit odd. The Left DE comes in and it looks like he just runs into the RB and the tackler and then the DE just kinda falls off. Maybe it's just the long distance angle.

On the INT, I think it is Maroney that makes the tackle, he makes kind of an odd 'circle' when he makes the tackle. I love how the DB (I assume it's Hall) holds the ball like a loaf of bread.

On the McFadden run at the 1:06 mark it looks like he does a little skating through the line. It's after the initial contact is made.

I am just nitpicking here, I do like how this is looking (still praying for accel clock.....)
Great bugs...I'll look into all of them.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #47

OVR: 34

Ian, thanks for doing this...it's been a great thread to follow.

I agree on the addition of saved replays. Will we be able to upload them to EA Sports World?

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Ian, thanks for doing this...it's been a great thread to follow.

I agree on the addition of saved replays. Will we be able to upload them to EA Sports World?

Thanks.
Not my department.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »