Home

Now THIS is atmosphere and presentation!

This is a discussion on Now THIS is atmosphere and presentation! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 10:39 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Now THIS is atmosphere and presentation!

Wish we had something like this. It's amazing how well it flows. The announcing, the replays and presentation. Another thing i see in this video, the animation and lighting just blows madden away IMO.

Last edited by maddenps2; 05-31-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:09 PM   #74
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I told you. It has it's quirks and shortcomings, but it is "next-gen." And the animations and ball physics are the best I've ever seen in a sports game. And UEFA has even more authentic feel. I'm not trying to always bring up Fifa but I feel that so much of what they bring to the table could find it's way into Madden/NCAA. What's sad is that, while I'll buy both of these games, the REAL "football" title I'm waiting for is Fifa09! Rumour has it that they'll have 10v10 online play.....

Very nice... i thought i was the only one who felt this way!! i'm not much of a soccer fan, but with surround sound, you can NOT beat getting that goal with a few minutes left in the match and hear the crowd go CRAZY!! i could break off a game winning run on madden and it seems like the crowd could care less!! if they spruce up this area, along with the commentary, you could have a pretty cool madden as far as atmosphere goes... i think they should bring something back along the lines of the home field advantage that they had a few years back on NCAA football.. i liked that because it was close to being real... good teams at home get an advantage, sorry but thats just how it plays out.. if you are a good enough player, then you can overcome that
Old 06-01-2008, 02:01 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
That is light years ahead of any Madden game I have ever played! I just don't understand how EA can get one game so right, and another so wrong?
Because FIFA has competition and Madden doesn't. EA can make good games (which FIFA is) when they are pushed. It's happened there and with their baseball game back in the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #76
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

blah blah blah
Old 06-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #77
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
Because FIFA has competition and Madden doesn't. EA can make good games (which FIFA is) when they are pushed. It's happened there and with their baseball game back in the day.
actually if you read through some of Ian's posts, Madden does have "competition". Its the 2k5 and APF 2k8.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 06-01-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #78
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayPlation82
Lord have mercy on these people that can't live with computers being as instinctive as humans. forgive them for they know not that humans have the ability to feel and react to a situation as it happens with emotion. also don't let them forget Lord that when they reference a 4 year old game, they sound as if they were four. Lord allow them to quit b$tchin' about products they bought without doing their research, for, after all, madden is a product that is not needed, its just entertainment and if they aren't entertained play 2K5 as if they didn't complain about it on the forums. in closing Lord, thank you for giving me the knowledge that a video GAME is just that, a GAME, and not real. Amen lol

Old 06-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #79
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
actually if you read through some of Ian's posts, Madden does have competition. Its the 2k5 and APF 2k8.
Oh please

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #80
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Oh please
Oh please?

What I am getting at is that he is asking all the 2k fans to tell him what they liked about the 2k series, what it does better than Madden, and what made it so special. I probably should've put the word competition, in quotation marks.

Maybe its not "competition" per se, but he is trying to one up the 2k series of games or at the very least, add things to Madden that were done better in the 2k series of games.

EDIT: I fixed my other post and put the word competition in quotation marks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »