Home

Now THIS is atmosphere and presentation!

This is a discussion on Now THIS is atmosphere and presentation! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Now THIS is atmosphere and presentation!

Briankingsfan always references the great strides FIFA took in gameplay, presentation, crowd reactions, etc...and now I can see why. I'm pretty sure he is going to love this video clip. Madden should be able to capture this type of atomosphere in it's game. Maybe this is the secret project Ian is working on! I mean crowd reaction and atmosphere is tied in driectly to gameplay!! Hopefully I am accurate in my prediction so we feel the intensity and emotion that flows through the crowd and onto the field at a NFL game!!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:47 AM   #50
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Briankingsfan always references the great strides FIFA took in gameplay, presentation, crowd reactions, etc...and now I can see why. I'm pretty sure he is going to love this video clip. Madden should be able to capture this type of atomosphere in it's game. Maybe this is the secret project Ian is working on! I mean crowd reaction and atmosphere is tied in driectly to gameplay!! Hopefully I am accurate in my prediction so we feel the intensity and emotion that flows through the crowd and onto the field at a NFL game!!
I do........ And more importantly, I love the game to the point of starting my 740th game in Manager Mode today.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I do........ And more importantly, I love the game to the point of starting my 740th game in Manager Mode today.
HAHAHAHA...I figured you would!! You would think matching up crowd reactions to different situations really wouldn't be that difficult to implement but I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
That is light years ahead of any Madden game I have ever played! I just don't understand how EA can get one game so right, and another so wrong?
Competition I'd guess. FIFA has the fairly sizable advantage of exclusivity and it's allowed EA to catch the series up to and (I guess) surpass Winning Eleven if I understand correctly. I'm happy EA's involving OS in the creative process with Madden but I can't help but keep thinking... we're talking about gameplay facets the game still doesn't stand up to in comparison to a 4yr old game in 2K5, or a no-where-near-on-the-same-playing-field APF. We may see an even more significant impact in Madden in the future if 2K never makes another football game, or if Backbreaker drops off the map because there would be nothing tangible to compare Madden to.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I think what takes more of a toll on us, is that we all know it is NOT something that requires a major tech advance to be able to achieve.

They could devote much more time to making presentation more realism based. BUT they have stuck with the same system of a bland crowd, with a very robotic play-by-play system.

Even with the play-by-play they have now, if the guys just got excitied and showed emotion on certain scripts we would not be talking as bad about this.

It is just so boring that we can't seem to imagine that it makes it by everyone and no one says a thing.

A simple fix of "On a play bigger than a 20 yard gain, crowd gets louder (at home)". "Crowd boos home team if INT is thrown". I mean it is not a major something that has not been done before. It is just frustrating because instead of using time on something like this that really matters, they use(waste) their time on crap like ring builder.

Last edited by Phobia; 05-30-2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

I owned both 2k5 and Madden 05. I enjoyed both games immensely. It goes without a doubt in my mind that we'd have a far superior Madden 2009 product if EA had some sort of competition. I just want the best game possible and it's clear that they're content with trickling out BS updates so that they can make each year seem that much more spectacular and great.

Maybe they'll prove us wrong but we only have ourselves to blame. We keep coughing up $60 for BS like the highlight stick. Give me some darn defensive AI please.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #55
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I think what takes more of a toll on us, is that we all know it is NOT something that requires a major tech advance to be able to achieve.

They could devote much more time to making presentation more realism based. BUT they have stuck with the same system of a bland crowd, with a very robotic play-by-play system.

Even with the play-by-play they have now, if the guys just got excitied and showed emotion on certain scripts we would not be talking as bad about this.

It is just so boring that we can seem to imagine that it makes it by everyone and no one says a thing.
Great point. There are some guys who really get into reading their scripts. That's why I really didn't even care that Dan and Peter didn't exist. Man, pretend that you're really watching a game and into when you get into the session. But I guess guys like Tom Hammond can't do that. I guess they need that real life atmosphere to capture some emotion to help with delivery. Note to staff: Get rid of him for next year, or redo his session. But please. for the love of Pete, we can't have his lame lines regurgitated for the next 3 years.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2008, 11:38 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
That is light years ahead of any Madden game I have ever played! I just don't understand how EA can get one game so right, and another so wrong?

I'm not much of a soccer fan, but watching that video actually felt like I was watching a real live sporting event. That could never be said of any Madden versions up to this point. Sure wish EA would do a bit more sharing between it's core games ... now I understand what BKing has been talking about when he tauts FIFA as a much better game.
I've said many times that EA needs to get their Soccer people over to help out on Madden. That's not the only cool thing about FIFA (although it's by far the thing Madden/NCAA need the most)...another cool thing is the fly into the stadiums. It starts out with a view from outer space and goes through the clouds and zooms into the area, then the stadium. It's just freakin' awesome.

Even you non-soccer fans owe it to yourself to rent Fifa sometimes I think. It's an incredibly fun game and i'm not even a soccer fan myself (although I do watch sometimes during the Olympics).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »