Home

Can we chill with the random wishlist threads?

This is a discussion on Can we chill with the random wishlist threads? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
Can we chill with the random wishlist threads?

Ok, ok, Ian asked for two threads spawning from the gang tackling tread. The WR/DB interaction, and Pass blocking.... Those are the two I would think he's monitoring... Can we chill with all of the "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" contact Ian threads?

"If you could ask Ian any question, what would it be!?!??"

Damn, next someone's going to break out a synthesizer.... Not to be negative, but the point is, he just got here and stop overloading him with random questions....

Actually that is what has me worried most. He has been answering "Yes" to everything, scary if you ask me...

"Ian, will you fix the passing, yes"
"Ian, will you fix the punting style, yes"
"Ian, will you clean my gutters, yes"

Not to be a buzzkill, but I have more trouble believing hem when you are asking every question in the book and he is saying yes to everything.

Look at it this way, the way I see it he has pass blocking/D line interaction for 2010, WR/DB interaction for 2011.... and that little demon gang tackling that may not be completely done for 09 so I think we have enough to talk about without bringing up wishlists.

again, sorry to be a downer, but lets focus guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Can we chill with the random wishlist threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Ok, ok, Ian asked for two threads spawning from the gang tackling tread. The WR/DB interaction, and Pass blocking.... Those are the two I would think he's monitoring... Can we chill with all of the "Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind" contact Ian threads?

Damn, next someone's going to break out a synthesizer.... Not to be negative, but the point is, he just got here and stop overloading him with random questions....

Actually that is what has me worried most. He has been answering "Yes" to everything, scary if you ask me...

Not to be a buzzkill, but I have more trouble believing hem when you are asking every question in the book and he is saying yes to everything.

Look at it this way, the way I see it he has pass blocking/D line interaction for 2010, WR/DB interaction for 2011.... and that little demon gang tackling that may not be completely done for 09 so I think we have enough to talk about without bringing up wishlists.

As long as he pays my bills, we are good too go
Old 05-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

I actually asked Ian about starting my Ball Physics thread in a PM before posting it. And mentioned that I didn't want it to be another of the many wishlist threads. I totally agree about the fact that are too many "Ian Please READ ME" threads. So I'm trying to be good and stay within the 12 posts that I'm involved in. Heck, it's hard enough as is to keep up. Peace.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 05-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

Eh, Ball physics are definitely something that needs to be addressed as I noticed from playing the PS2 version. The ball is "alive" on that game. While not perfect, I did notice the ball being kicked from my feet as I got up in a hurry and celebrated a sack, bobbled around from DB to WR and such. People have said how in NEXT GEN, once you see the ball and the trajectory you know how the play will end. I agree with you that this is sad, they need to put life back into the ball.

But that being said, we need to act like we can focus and give him some strong directed feedback so we can keep his attention on the larger issues than "Fix the Yellow Squares"

And again, with all the random posts, I have noticed that he is trying to be nice to everyone saying "YES" quite a bit, that scares me.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Eh, Ball physics are definitely something that needs to be addressed as I noticed from playing the PS2 version. The ball is "alive" on that game. While not perfect, I did notice the ball being kicked from my feet as I got up in a hurry and celebrated a sack, bobbled around from DB to WR and such. People have said how in NEXT GEN, once you see the ball and the trajectory you know how the play will end. I agree with you that this is sad, they need to put life back into the ball.

But that being said, we need to act like we can focus and give him some strong directed feedback so we can keep his attention on the larger issues than "Fix the Yellow Squares"

And again, with all the random posts, I have noticed that he is trying to be nice to everyone saying "YES" quite a bit, that scares me.
I don't think he's saying "yes" as in "well get you that right away" as he's saying that we know that needs addressing and it'll be put on a flowchart/wishlist to be prioritized and gotten to in order of importance. I just wish people would stop asking him about non-gameplay issues. He's made it really clear that he's "gameplay only." Now he just needs to recruit the other guys into his grand scheme post-ship to have a whole slew of ideas come next cycle. It is actually going very well. Now will the others egos be able to take it and can they be enough "outside the box" in their thinking to realize that it doesn't matter where good ideas come from, as long as they are good ideas.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 AM   #6
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

sent you a PM brian
Old 05-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

Another PM
Old 05-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 52

Yeah just to kind of echo Brian here - I haven't really said "yes" to anything...though I have a priority list the sad honest truth is that I can rarely ever guarantee anything going into the game. What I do like is the community working with me to make sure we've got the big ticket items all tracked and hopefully prioritized. The WR/DB and OL/DL threads are good examples - we may get 1/4, 1/2, or all the way there on all those ideas, but at least it's a good starting point. If I just said "Yeah we're doing all new OL/DL interaction" then that could be my own implementation that has nothing to do with what you guys actually want to see.

This is kind of how we design a lot of features as well...what's the "dream design", and if we start running low on hours, what's the pared back design that can get us where we want to be for this year with room for growth in the next?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »