Home

How do you become a community leader?

This is a discussion on How do you become a community leader? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #41
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How do you become a community leader?

If all that we do is talk about how great and flawless the game is, then why do you have a double digit page length thread about a game issue for NCAA that Steve hasn't even talked about yet (pass rush) on these forums? Just a question. I mean, if all we do is hype the game so we can get to go to Orlando again next year, then why are we telling you guys some of the flaws with it that we saw?

And if you think it's a cake walk and a luxury trip to go to EA for a community event, you need to think again. I personally spent about $70 on this last trip, and that was pretty inexpensive compared to last year. Additionally, I got about 3 hours of sleep in a 72 hour period, and spent 11 hours on planes or in airports.

You know what would be easier for me, personally? To just not be a community leader and pay retail for the game. That would be less time consuming and less expensive to me personally. So please stop with the whole "Community leaders are on the take from EA, and sugarcoat the game" non-sense. That's an insult to the dedication that we put in to bring you guys back information about the game.

Last edited by rhombic21; 06-08-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #42
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
If all that we do is talk about how great and flawless the game is, then why do you have a double digit page length thread about a game issue for NCAA that Steve hasn't even talked about yet (pass rush) on these forums? Just a question. I mean, if all we do is hype the game so we can get to go to Orlando again next year, then why are we telling you guys some of the flaws with it that we saw?

And if you think it's a cake walk and a luxury trip to go to EA for a community event, you need to think again. I personally spent about $70 on this last trip, and that was pretty inexpensive compared to last year. Additionally, I got about 3 hours of sleep in a 72 hour period, and spent 11 hours on planes or in airports.

You know what would be easier for me, personally? To just not be a community leader and pay retail for the game. That would be less time consuming and less expensive to me personally. So please stop with the whole "Community leaders are on the take from EA, and sugarcoat the game" non-sense. That's an insult to the dedication that we put in to bring you guys back information about the game.
I sent Rac a friendly PM - I won't even address any of that above for the sake of letting this thread die the death it deserves. It won't get anyone anywhere good.

Last edited by umd; 06-08-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I sent Rac a friendly PM - I won't even address any of that above for the sake of letting this thread die the death it deserves.
Heh, I just hope if I become a Community Leader you will still talk to me on here is all umd!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #44
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Heh, I just hope if I become a Community Leader you will still talk to me on here is all umd!
heh.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
If all that we do is talk about how great and flawless the game is, then why do you have a double digit page length thread about a game issue for NCAA that Steve hasn't even talked about yet (pass rush) on these forums? Just a question.
I'm going to have to defend Steve here. Maybe you haven't noticed but recently, OS acquired FrontOfficeFootballCentral.com. With that went a lot of negotiating, planning, etc. In other words...he's been working his *** off getting that part of the site ready to go.

I'd venture a guess and say that there are far more moving parts at OS than any of you other guys' sites, and Steve is responsible for most of it.

In other words, the man is busy. Back off.

Quote:
I personally spent about $70 on this last trip, and that was pretty inexpensive compared to last year.
$70 whole dollars?!? Wow! Did you have to take out a 2nd mortgage to be able to afford that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #46
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Well regardless, its better to have these community leaders than not have them at all. So, godspeed to you Odogg and your quest to become one.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #47
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I honestly want to be a part of this program so that I can give what I feel is very valuable input having been a veteran of the sports gaming community for many, many, many years and knowing not only what I want to see but also what a lot of the people I interact with on a daily basis want to see in terms of the game's direction for years to come.

Totally agree that's the right kind of mentality to have about this.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:00 PM   #48
Run After Catch

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I sent Rac a friendly PM - I won't even address any of that above for the sake of letting this thread die the death it deserves. It won't get anyone anywhere good.

I appreciate it.. sent you a reply. I agree that the thread doesn't seem to be going in the right direction at the moment.

I do think that there is a lot of benefit to having an open honest discussion on how EA SPORTS can better interact with the community. Community leaders is of course just one facet of how we do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »