Home

Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

This is a discussion on Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Yeah it is franchise mode on steroids but I can't play the games so that wouldn't benenfit me.
I want to be cautious in saying this, but I am pretty sure Head Coach allows you to export your team to Madden (I KNOW that you can export you playbook, including created plays, but I am also pretty sure that you can also export your entire franchise as well).

If I am wrong, I apologize in advance because I don't want to make anyone excited only to later get let down, but I really do think there is significant integration between Madden and Head Coach this year and that if Head Coach sells well (ie. if it serves the desires of the Franchise community and inspires them to purchase it), then future releases might take it to ridiculously in-depth levels.

Like I said, I am not a Franchise Mode expert, so I am not sure if the Head Coach stuff is a clear improvement or a lateral step or a decline, but I can say the interface was nice and the create-a-play option (with complete ability to move that playbook to Madden for offline games, including head-to-head on a single console) was a really nice addition...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #26
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Can we use NCAA draft classes in Head Coach?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Can we use NCAA draft classes in Head Coach?
I will have to let someone more into Head Coach and Franchise Mode tackle this one....I know you have the ability to "re-draft" the rookie class of 2008 (Long, Long, McFadden, Ghoulston, etc.) but I don't know if you can import NEXT year's draft class from NCAA into Head Coach....I am going to assume this is a "no" based on the rights issues involved, but I really don't know...
Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 32

Madden series is going in the right direction. Great write up and I am looking forward to this game.

Peace
Old 06-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Great write-up Moostache. I notice you mentioned the Kicking Game could use some tweaking. You mention APF in reference to "Illegal Man down field" Do you think MADDEN should think about implementing the new APF Kicking System, or something close to it?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #30
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Great report game sounds like it's going to be great this year. I think most gameplay things have been addressed.

I do have a question though, do you remember noticing if progressive lighting/the progression from dusk to night etc...
is back in the game after it being taken out last year? I think it was also taken out of NCAA 09. Always thought it was a nice detail.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #31
G*t'ch* G*m* *p!

Tilted Brim's Arena

OVR: 7
Question Re: Moostache Hands-On Impressions (MaddenWars)

Thank you for your write up, has me even more excited than before. While playing did you notice the option to select quick audibles or not?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Great write-up Moostache. I notice you mentioned the Kicking Game could use some tweaking. You mention APF in reference to "Illegal Man down field" Do you think MADDEN should think about implementing the new APF Kicking System, or something close to it?
No, I would not like to see the APF kicking model used...I did not care much for it after using the analog sticks....what I think EA should do is have the ratings really affect the kicks beyond a certain yardage for each individual kicker (based on accuracy and power ratings)...then the sensitivity of the right stick would either increase or decrease with distance - that way a 35-yarder in a non-pressure situation would be makeable for almost every kicker, but a 50-yarder to win the game might make the controls hyper sensitive for a bad kicker and still rock steady for someone like Vinatieri...if you have played MLB '08 The Show and had a relief pitcher on the mound when rattled - its kind of THAT system I would love to see applied to kickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I do have a question though, do you remember noticing if progressive lighting/the progression from dusk to night etc...

is back in the game after it being taken out last year? I think it was also taken out of NCAA 09. Always thought it was a nice detail.
The progressive lighting is in the game and with the addition of random weather effects to ranked and unranked online games, I am really hoping that EA is able to have random start times as well...the problem is that game which start at 12 PM usually don't show the time progression anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilted Brim
Thank you for your write up, has me even more excited than before. While playing did you notice the option to select quick audibles or not?
If by quick audibles you mean formation specific audibles ("audible" button + right stick up-down-left-or-right) then teh answer is "yes, that is in the game." If you mean something else the answer is either "no" or "I am not sure"....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »