Home

A plea for User Adjustable Cameras in 09

This is a discussion on A plea for User Adjustable Cameras in 09 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: A plea for User Adjustable Cameras in 09

I think they the producers should at least give us the camera angles from old gen or an option to zoom or zoom out from the camera angle they have now..This is a big factor for me because I play football zoomed out and on a slight angle.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

It's not a framerate issue. It's a talent issue. We are using state-of-the-art technology, so there is no excuse. NBA 2k8 operates at 60 FPS and has a multitude of cameral angles.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
It's not a framerate issue. It's a talent issue. We are using state-of-the-art technology, so there is no excuse. NBA 2k8 operates at 60 FPS and has a multitude of cameral angles.

Pretty much EVERY sports game since the PS2 era has allowed at least multiple camera views and the VAST majority allow user adjustable camera angles. It a very simple feature that they have no excuse to leave out 4 years in a row.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

I doubt it's a framerate issue, look at the in game cutscenes, superstar mode, and instant replay from any angle and there is no problem with frame-rate in any of those modes no matter how much of the game is being displayed. The ps2 engine which was optimized for that system allowed form multiple camera angles from day-one.

The next-gen version can and should be able to do it with the power of the machines after 4 years. It's just a matter of people who are making the game not including such an essential feature. To me even if a game is good, anuncomfortable camera angle hinders the quality the ability to enjoy and play the game to it's full potential.

Last edited by maddenps2; 06-03-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
I doubt it's a framerate issue, look at the in game cutscenes, superstar mode, and instant replay from any angle and there is no problem with frame-rate in any of those modes no matter how much of the game is being displayed. The ps2 engine which was optimized for that system allowed form multiple camera angles from day-one.

The next-gen version can and should be able to do it with the power of the machines after 4 years. It's just a matter of people who are making the game not including such an essential feature. To me even if a game is good, anuncomfortable camera angle hinders the quality the ability to enjoy and play the game to it's full potential.
Yep it's a point I do not think the devs understand. They think it is a low priority but all the tweaks and gameplay enhancements in the world don't mean jack squat if you do not like playing the game because the camera views suck.

How you actually PLAY the game and that includes how you VIEW the game while playing it should be priority NUMBER 1.

It also doesn't help that all the advertising of the game only shows UP CLOSE screenshots and UP CLOSE replays and about 2 seconds of actual gameplay footage. Total false advertising.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

There's no way in hell that's a legit excuse. I'm not a developer, I won't pretend to know it all but we're playing games like Grand Theft Auto, Bio Shock, Metal Gear Solid 4 which are 300 times more impressive on a technical level than Madden will ever be and you're going to tell me that Maddens simple gameplay is too devastating to next-gen hardware to offer more than 1 cam angle?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 11

LETS BURN THIS F'er DOWN!!!!!!!!

Sorry mods for the statement there. It almost brings me to tears to finally see the anger that has been what I thought only my hidden agenda for the last 4 years of this next gen sham of a product. YES! How can you sell us on all the beauty of this game and all the new animations and such, and when I play it I can barely see what the hype machine has been clammering about because I have to play from a camera view that is up in the nosebleeds, and when I hike the ball, its like watching hobbits play and I am the Big Green Giant.

EA LISTEN!!! Get this in your game pronto, or we will level toronto. Gameplay and other things seem to be stepping up...but your camera view still won't do it justice. Don't make us hold out another year, or you could have a customer who truely will never come back....possibly more. Or you can just buy me out.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 10

So everyone is aware the new camera is closer then the last one correct? Im not sure if I follow the its too far away from the field comments

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »