Home

Reggie Bush in 09?

This is a discussion on Reggie Bush in 09? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Reggie Bush in 09?

The bigger question is if you were a coach of your team, would u fear bushs talents and what he COULD produce. That is major thing I think alot of you are missing. Teams built concepts on how to stop BUSH. They have to, if they don't play him correctly. He has the speed and juke ability to bust a big play at anytime in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
The bigger question is if you were a coach of your team, would u fear bushs talents and what he COULD produce. That is major thing I think alot of you are missing. Teams built concepts on how to stop BUSH. They have to, if they don't play him correctly. He has the speed and juke ability to bust a big play at anytime in the game.
Teams build concepts on how stop LT, how to stop Brian Westbrook, how to stop LJ, how to Stephen Jackson, how to stop Marion Barber etc.. yet those guys still produce. People do gameplan against Bush and yes he gains a lot of attention form the D but that still does not excuse his inability to make big plays. He has the speed to do it and the moves but he still hasn't go tit done on a consistent basis. There comes a point where attention is not good enough for th e#2 pick, how about production? Bush probably gets more attention then a guy like Joe Addai but I would still take Addai over him. I think this is the year in which im going to decide whether I call him Reggie Bust or not, if in three yrs you cant figure it out with one of the leagues best offenses including a borderline top 5 QB, WR and decent o-line then you never will
Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Teams build concepts on how stop LT, how to stop Brian Westbrook, how to stop LJ, how to Stephen Jackson, how to stop Marion Barber etc.. yet those guys still produce. People do gameplan against Bush and yes he gains a lot of attention form the D but that still does not excuse his inability to make big plays. He has the speed to do it and the moves but he still hasn't go tit done on a consistent basis. There comes a point where attention is not good enough for th e#2 pick, how about production? Bush probably gets more attention then a guy like Joe Addai but I would still take Addai over him. I think this is the year in which im going to decide whether I call him Reggie Bust or not, if in three yrs you cant figure it out with one of the leagues best offenses including a borderline top 5 QB, WR and decent o-line then you never will
I agree to a degree. See I am not saying he is a excellent back. I was just saying he was not a bust. I have stated since he was at USC and I had no clue of him going to the saints that he would have a much tougher time in the NFL where his speed he will not be able to rely on so much with D's are across the board way faster. I always felt White was a more NFL style running back. Bigger, strong, plus decent speed.

The thing with Bush is people want him to do the same things he did at USC. The problem with that is he was feared as such a threat he does get alot more attention. I think if he bulked up more, learned to be more north-south back and use his speed in a slashing fashion. I think he could be a Tiki Barber. Tiki got speed but he also has tree trunks for legs to power out of arm tackles. Bush came in as a stick. It does look like this year he has put on some more weight though. So we can only wait and see.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
And what you are failing to add to the equation is for LT you have Gates, Chambers, Jackson....for LJ you have Tony G, for Stephen Jackson you have Holt, Bruce(last season),McMichael...for Marion Barber you have Witten, Owens. Now for Reggie Bush you have Colston. Now don't get me wrong but Colston is not in the same league as the previously mentioned weapons. The guy is good, but not on that level YET. If you over compensate for any of those backs you will get beat by 50...seriously not 50 but you will get burned the entire game. Now if the Saints can somehow get Shockey, that will change things tremendously. It's amazing how much a good TE can change things.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #45
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
thats fine i'm just trying to have a logical conversation with you. i've played jr college football and been a coach on hs varsity teams. i've played against the lights of carson palmer and kareem kelly in hs so i don't lack football knowledge either.
You're not going to get a logical debate in this part of the forum from a bunch of people that think they are geniuses of football because they play Madden or own fantasy teams. Don't waste your time. Go to the Pro football section of the forum and see these supposed geniuses get aired out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
You're not going to get a logical debate in this part of the forum from a bunch of people that think they are geniuses of football because they play Madden or own fantasy teams. Don't waste your time. Go to the Pro football section of the forum and see these supposed geniuses get aired out.
have you actual read the thread? are just making random comments?
Old 06-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
LMAO
Old 06-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #48
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
I have. And it's the same people that dislike Bush in here that dislike Bush in the other thread from the Pro football forum.

We get it. You don't like Reggie Bush. Dude asked if anyone that played '09 think he can use Bush in the way he wants.

All he got was "lol he barely makes people miss now since leaving SC" hardy har har! and "I know more football than most!" chuckle chuckle chuckle!

And Eagles fans wanting to show Bush get blown up by Sheldon Brown. I guess they forgot that the Eagles were beaten in that game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »