Home

RUSSELL05 Franchise Impressions and Season Stats Blowout

This is a discussion on RUSSELL05 Franchise Impressions and Season Stats Blowout within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:37 AM   #49
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: RUSSELL05 Franchise Impressions and Season Stats Blowout

Thanks for the impressions Russell...one quick question I have is that I'm presuming from the screen shots that you were the Ravens...and it would appear that you could select any game from any side's schedule to play/watch? Judging from the Superbowl - you didn't make it but you could watch/play this game as cpu v cpu for instance - can you confirm this please?

Thanks again
Old 06-03-2008, 01:52 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I said this in another thread somewhere but I think the next step in presentation to replace static pre-game cutscenes and make them interactive kind of like how College Hoops has the controllable shootaround before a game starts.

The camera could be at a low angle on the field to give the player a sense of the size of the stadium and the electricity of the crowd and you could just select any of a number of teammates warming up on the field (obviously it would have to be a limited number of players due to hardware limitations). Depending on who you select you could just jog around freely, or switch to a WR and practice catching some passes from the backup QB, QB throw some warmup throws, etc...
I really like this idea. Have it so you can skip through it if you want.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #51
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I said this in another thread somewhere but I think the next step in presentation to replace static pre-game cutscenes and make them interactive kind of like how College Hoops has the controllable shootaround before a game starts.

The camera could be at a low angle on the field to give the player a sense of the size of the stadium and the electricity of the crowd and you could just select any of a number of teammates warming up on the field (obviously it would have to be a limited number of players due to hardware limitations). Depending on who you select you could just jog around freely, or switch to a WR and practice catching some passes from the backup QB, QB throw some warmup throws, etc...
I like that, too. Along with Some stats and commentary in the background per Moostache.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #52
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
OK...I normally ignore this because I KNOW nothing good can come of it...but are you smoking CRACK?!?!?! That video is fine and well for its time, but I swear to Christ people will overlook ANYTHING that does not suit their specific argument or when its inconvenient to explain. Please quit sniffing the bottle of Holy 2K Glue and clear your head for a minute!!! (MEANT IN A GENERAL SENSE AND NOT SPECIFICALLY AT THE OP, THOUGH IT COULDN'T HURT...LOL)

Problem #1 - The entire thing is a LOOP...the Pats and Seachickens BOTH do the EXACT SAME THING and so do the coaches. Thats not "great presentation" any more or less than the added commentary EA recorded with Collinsworth for '09...

Problem #2 - The coaches NEVER run out of the tunnel like THAT for a SB and if they did, they sure would not do it looking like they needed to take a massive dump or shake something out of their drawers! That is CRAP animation and horribly stiff to boot...

Problem #3 - Honestly now, after I saw that ONE TIME I would skip through it every subsequent time anyway...it is NOT that great and while it certainly was a nice attempt in 2004, you have to be kidding me - if anyone thinks people would be satisfied even if EA replicated that in its entirety!

Bottom line is this...no matter how awesome or spectacular or incredible a video game INTRO to anything is; after one or two viewings, it would be boring as hell. What people REALLY want in an "awesome" presentation is a factual discussion of the actual stats for the teams playing (records on the season you played to reach the Super Bowl, playoff results getting into the Super Bowl, player thoughts and streaks and stats, etc.) and then a brief prediction of the game about to be played...any of these ridiculous pre-fabbed attempts, no matter how good at first, will be tired after no more than 2 or 3 viewings tops, and to most people after just one.

Everyone should be honest with themself and the other posters and readers here...if EA had done EXACTLY whats in that video clip of 2K people would be HOWLING things like my facetious 3 problems above, only they would be serious and I an just trying to have a little fun about it...

couldnt have said it better myself. the only thing i disagree with is that i still would like a cutscene even if it is repeatative. its just nice to have something there. personally, i liked the super bowl intro that was just shown for madden 09.

all this "bashing of madden and praising of 2k" is getting on my ****ing nerves as well. its not the be all end all.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 06-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #53
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Well, I didn't see the video was on there Russell until just now. I guess I'll have to live with that for my Super Bowl Atmosphere for this year. I'll also have to wait for more info about the rest of Franchise. But thanks. And I guess I'm gonna have to stay on board. A lot of people aren't getting exactly what they want, either. But I do believe in Ian and Co. and have been a staunch defender so far. It would be kinda hypocritical to take my ball and go home now. It looks like Franchise is gonna be the same as gameplay, nothing huge but in the right direction.........
whats wrong man?? all of a sudden u down on madden again? didnt like the franchise stuff u saw?
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 AM   #54
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
all this "bashing of madden and praising of 2k" is getting on my ****ing nerves as well. its not the be all end all.
It must still hold alot of water for Ian wanting to know exactly what folks liked about it,so some of the mechanics can be implemented into Madden.

It must have done something right,to still get the recognition to this very day.
Nobody's "bashing" Madden....what,just because somebody mentioned 2k's superbowl intro?...jeez gimme a break
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #55
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey Russell, I know you said that you weren't able to reach the off-season, but while you were scrolling through the regular season menus did you happen to catch a glance of any of the following:

Did you notice if there was any kind of mid-season progression?

Did the Scouting menu function correctly during the season?

Was there a central news hub for week-to-week happenings (newspaper, radio show)?

Was there a practice mode?

Was there any kind of weekly preparation for the upcoming opponent?

Did Owner Mode appear to be back in it's full capacity?

If you did not take notice of anything related to my questions, was there anything else that jumped out at you that was "new" or improved?

Thanks.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #56
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Problem #1 - The entire thing is a LOOP...the Pats and Seachickens BOTH do the EXACT SAME THING and so do the coaches. Thats not "great presentation" any more or less than the added commentary EA recorded with Collinsworth for '09...

Problem #3 - Honestly now, after I saw that ONE TIME I would skip through it every subsequent time anyway...it is NOT that great and while it certainly was a nice attempt in 2004, you have to be kidding me - if anyone thinks people would be satisfied even if EA replicated that in its entirety!.
I take it you've never played more than one Super Bowl in NFL 2K5. If you had, you'd know they have at least 2 different Super Bowl intros, maybe 3. The only thing I saw on the Madden Super Bowl intro was a big fireworks display. In 07, they had fireworks before every game. I'm not seeing any progress in that aspect.

And just in case some of you guys are thinking this is coming from someone who loves 2K and never gives Madden a chance, I'll say this. I joined this forum while the ESPN NFL 2K vs. Madden battle was raging - hence the reason for the "2krules" name. Until the point EA got the official license, I hadn't liked Madden since 2002. Since EA got the license, I bought every Madden and enjoyed each one at leat a little bit (my favorite being 07, which I played the heck out of).

Last edited by 2krules; 06-03-2008 at 07:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »