Home

More cool stuff - CPU going deep!

This is a discussion on More cool stuff - CPU going deep! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #41
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: More cool stuff - CPU going deep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Is that shotgun sound gone? You know, that sound whenever a deep pass was completed.
I believe it was Pasta that said it was gone. If it wasn't him I know someone said it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #42
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Is that shotgun sound gone? You know, that sound whenever a deep pass was completed.
I know I read that it was gone - I'd link to it but I've read so much in the last 2 weeks that I have no idea where it was.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Yes, this is gone. Thank fillycheze (aka Phil Frazier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Are defensive assignments back in this game? I am referring to putting a specific corner on a specific WR. If it is not any chance this could be added before release?
This is not in Madden 09. Thank fillycheze.

Just kidding - it had nothing to do with Phil. From what I know, it was one of those really tough cuts - and unfortunately I don't think it can added back in now since it has a lot of UI/screen dependencies (and bugs and tuning time associated with it).
Old 06-03-2008, 12:09 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Ian and Phil - thank goodness that horrid rocket sound is gone. i won't lie though, when i was playing by myself in a random game, drinking a few cold beers it did give the game a nice NFL blitz feel, kinda like a HELL YEAH!!!. but when i was playing a little more serious game and not drinking the adult beverages it ......well gave the game a NFL Blitz feel, and i was like - wtf this ain't NFL Blitz!!!! LOL!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #45
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Thank you for removing the shotgun sound, Phil! It's a little detail, but thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 10

I belive this is somewhat in, lets say you see R Moss lined up in the slot, you can then change your best corner to be the slot corner for that play. If you watch the video Russell has posted, he was putting players where he wanted them quickly and still had time to pick plays.

So if they wanna keep moving Moss all over the place you can keep switching your CB's to match him up manually. I know its a hassel but it can be done.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:19 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15

This is not in Madden 09. Thank fillycheze.

Just kidding - it had nothing to do with Phil. From what I know, it was one of those really tough cuts - and unfortunately I don't think it can added back in now since it has a lot of UI/screen dependencies (and bugs and tuning time associated with it).
Great! Again Ian, thanks for your attention to the football fans out here that started with madden from wayback, then got disappointed with the direction the game has/had taken through the years.

You asked a question earlier about what do 2k fans(like myself) want in a madden game, well simple, we want what the nfl has in the games that we see on tv. 2k got us close to what we observe as tv viewers of the game as well as the different nuances of real football (like refs, chain gains, halftime highlites etc...) If you guys concentrate on the actual game of nfl football, rather than 2k's gangtackling, presentation etc...you would begin to make the strides many football fans want, especially 2k fans. The 2k guys had the same vantage point as you guys, and that is the simple powers of observation.

Again, thanks for your time.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:24 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
I belive this is somewhat in, lets say you see R Moss lined up in the slot, you can then change your best corner to be the slot corner for that play. If you watch the video Russell has posted, he was putting players where he wanted them quickly and still had time to pick plays.

So if they wanna keep moving Moss all over the place you can keep switching your CB's to match him up manually. I know its a hassel but it can be done.
You but you are not going to know Moss is in the slot. You would put your best CB in the slot after the offense has run a play with Moss in the slot, anticipating he will be there again. Then you move your best CB in the slot and Moss is outside again and you have some scrub about to get raped

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »