Home

Madden 09 running back ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 09 running back ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 09 running back ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not that Jacobs isn't a truck, but I'd say Barber earns his broken tackles more so than Jacobs. Jacobs breaks a lot of tackles due to scared defenders trying not to get steamrolled.
I kinda get what he saying, Both are tough to take down. Barber has a little bit of a stronger will than Jacobs, But Jacobs is no doubt the most physical RB in the league. You can grab Barber but your going to have a tough time getting him down, Jacobs is just going to demolish you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
wow some of you are in for a suprise if you don't think dmac can run people over. I'm not saying he will run defensive linemen over but you don't get to be the #2 career SEC rusher based off of pure speed
I am sorry but that is not the case. He runs to straight up. He also does not have the size or strength to run people over. He is a good vision, with speed back.....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!

He is reggie bush size, speed, abilities. He is going to be edited right when I get the game. NO WAY IN HELL his truck should be so high.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:56 PM   #67
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

ronnie browns overall could be a lil higher since he was a beast before he got injured..but i can work with that
Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #68
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I am sorry but that is not the case. He runs to straight up. He also does not have the size or strength to run people over. He is a good vision, with speed back.....BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!!!!

He is reggie bush size, speed, abilities. He is going to be edited right when I get the game. NO WAY IN HELL his truck should be so high.
did you not watch him vs. LSU the past 3 years? Adrian Peterson runs at the exact height, so did eric dickerson. Reggie bust is 6'0, 205 lbs. Dmac is 6'2, 215. did you not just watch the second video I posted? he is certainly a more violent runner than bush, maybe not 90 truck but at least 84. the only thing you can compare him with bush is his speed. bush tries to make 5 people miss at once, Dmac either runs by or through them.

I dont get why people compare him to bush. if anything, he is built more like peterson. plus he can line up at QB and pass
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
did you not watch him vs. LSU the past 3 years? Adrian Peterson runs at the exact height, so did eric dickerson. Reggie bust is 6'0, 205 lbs. Dmac is 6'2, 215. did you not just watch the second video I posted? he is certainly a more violent runner than bush, maybe not 90 truck but at least 84. the only thing you can compare him with bush is his speed. bush tries to make 5 people miss at once, Dmac either runs by or through them.

I dont get why people compare him to bush. if anything, he is built more like peterson. plus he can line up at QB and pass
Vs LSU he was not running people over. He was running AROUND people. Great vision and his speed is what has made him such a threat. He is not a bush because he not as shifty, he is not a A-train cause he is not as powerful. He is Dmac and he runs AROUND people. Nothing being taking away from him. Because most coachs would take a back with good vision over another. You can't teach great vision. BUT him having a 90 truck was my big concern. I agree on the 80-84 truck.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #70
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

Dmac reminds me of a stronger and faster Marcus Allen.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #71
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Vs LSU he was not running people over. He was running AROUND people. Great vision and his speed is what has made him such a threat. He is not a bush because he not as shifty, he is not a A-train cause he is not as powerful. He is Dmac and he runs AROUND people. Nothing being taking away from him. Because most coachs would take a back with good vision over another. You can't teach great vision. BUT him having a 90 truck was my big concern. I agree on the 80-84 truck.
well I've seen him do both. against Auburn in 2006 he knocked a LB down just by tapping him at full speed. watch about :19 into this video. that is not a run around

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_19DaR1LLRw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

This is NFL Combine Analysis Negatives of McFadden

Quote:
Has very good field vision, but needs to show more patience waiting for his blocks to develop (will out-run his protection, at times)...Strong open-field runner, but needs to develop better ball security and protect the ball closer to his body, as fumble issues posed a big problem in 2007 (15 fumbles, five turnovers, see Chattanooga, Troy, Florida International and Louisiana State games)...Has good inside running skills, but must improve his lower-body strength...Will sometimes get upright in his stance, allowing defenders to clog the rush lanes (see 2007 Chattanooga, Auburn, Mississippi State and Louisiana State games)...Protects the ball well in traffic, but most of his turnovers come on improper ball distribution in the open...Also has a high amount of fumbles fielding the kickoff, as he tends to run before securing the ball...
I agree with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »