Home

Idea for new kicking

This is a discussion on Idea for new kicking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 AM   #17
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Idea for new kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
APF 2K8 did nail the kicking game. After almost a year of playing, 40+ yard field goals were still not a sure thing. hell, you could still miff an XP. I'd love to see that kicking system in Madden '09.
At least make kicking more difficult in Madden 09. Somehow. I'm open to all ideas. Isn't there time to address this?

I think APF 2K8's kicking game was great. It added a lot of fun and realistic drama to every game.

And you're right, people could still miss an extra point if they were daydreaming or under a lot of pressure. How great was that? Especially when it came back to haunt them late in the game. Heh.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #18
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Just change it back to the Madden 2004 style...Good kickers have slow meters and bad kickers have fast meters... depending on their attributes.
I loved that system I have a little something to report on it once I get this Madden article up.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 AM   #19
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I think APF 2k8 has a great kicking system. As one poster said it's easy to learn, difficult to master.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
I think APF 2k8 has a great kicking system. As one poster said it's easy to learn, difficult to master.
I didn't think it was easy to learn at all. I don't think EA would ever adapt that, it's just too hard for the masses. I did learn it eventually but it took a lot of practice (and frustration). No pick-up-and-play gamer would ever like or accept that IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #21
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Perhaps what they could do is take off the kicking HUB and make everything work from the R stick. What I mean by this is when you pull back on the R stick, that's your power. The velocity you pull back (or how fast), and push forward will determine the force of the kick. When you pull back and push forward, it must be in the angle towards your aim. Meaning if you want to aim straight. Pull back and push forward straight the whole duration. If you want to aim right. Pull back angling left, and push forward angling right.
I!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #22
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I didn't think it was easy to learn at all. I don't think EA would ever adapt that, it's just too hard for the masses. I did learn it eventually but it took a lot of practice (and frustration). No pick-up-and-play gamer would ever like or accept that IMO.
I think what's needed is a good tutorial video packaged with the game. The mechanic is very simple but I can understand how someone could be lost if they haven't seen an actual video demonstration of how it works.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #23
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm all for the old style, the APF style, or a tweaked new mechanic... the bottom line is that the kicking game needs to be harder. It should be risk/reward, and right now it's just reward. I also agree that the ratings should come into play with the difficulty of the kick meter. The kicking game is in dire need of a change.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 PM   #24
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
I'm all for the old style, the APF style, or a tweaked new mechanic... the bottom line is that the kicking game needs to be harder.
Any word on whether this will be addressed for Madden 09?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »