Home

Idea for new kicking

This is a discussion on Idea for new kicking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Idea for new kicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
APF 2K8 did nail the kicking game. After almost a year of playing, 40+ yard field goals were still not a sure thing. hell, you could still miff an XP. I'd love to see that kicking system in Madden '09.

correct! there's no shame in taking the kicking mechanic from 2K and using it at this point.

not too hard, but not too easy. would be great.
I think it's too hard and like coogrfan said would hate to see it in any EA football game. I do agree however the kicking needs to be harder. In EA's game the only time I miss anything kicking-wise is when i've had a case of beer to drink.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 10

the 2K8 method really is not all that hard, once you get used to it. and i found that it did get tougher to hit the FG the further away i was....which is how it should be. but again, once you get the timing down, it becomes doable and more importantly, realistic, in my opinion.

definitely better than being able to close your eyes and hit FG's left and right, like we have now.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Umm...no, thanks.

I hate the kicking system in APF, it's by far the worst thing about that game. I don't want to see anything even remotely like it in NCAA/Madden.
I disagree, it is very simple. I think people just did not understand it.

Hold back on R-stick while kicker is running to ball
Flick R-stick up as close to possible as foot makes contact to ball.

That is it. Very similar to tiger woods golf, no idea why that is such a stretch. Straighter the stick is pressed up the straighter the kick. But to each his own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I disagree, it is very simple. I think people just did not understand it.

Hold back on R-stick while kicker is running to ball
Flick R-stick up as close to possible as foot makes contact to ball.

That is it. Very similar to tiger woods golf, no idea why that is such a stretch. Straighter the stick is pressed up the straighter the kick. But to each his own.
I think it was explained terribly in the manual. most people, myself included, thought it was exactly like tiger woods in a sense that you tried to move your stick to correspond to the guys leg but in actuality you were only supposed to do the movement right before he kicked it. once i started doing it that way i had a lot more luck, before that i couldn't hit anything.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #37
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Because most of us are old and as old men we tend to choose things we know and meters and icons are things we know.
In case EA is looking, some of us older folks like change. Chuck the meters & icons!
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #38
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Because most of us are old and as old men we tend to choose things we know and meters and icons are things we know.
I think I'm older than you. We want change! Take some Anacin and get those wrinkled old gamer hands movin.....LOL!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I think I'm older than you. We want change! Take some Anacin and get those wrinkled old gamer hands movin.....LOL!
LOL brian vs Odogg

I shall sit here and watch
Old 06-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
I'm in favor of chucking the current NCAA/Madden system, but not if that means an APF style system.

Imho, APF's kicking system was poorly conceived because it requires far more practice time than it should to become proficient. Kicking the ball is a relatively minor element of football, but in APF it requires more hand-eye coordination on the part of the gamer than does throwing or catching a pass. That's the exact opposite of how it should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »