Home

McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

This is a discussion on McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

Nice link, gamecox. Baldinger is absolutely right. The vids in the thread show that McFadden (and I am a Raider fan) doesn't use blockers well; rather he outruns everyone. In the NFL, that's not going to fly. He's going to need to learn to set up blocks, read defenses rather than outrunning them, and add some lateral movement to his game. The Raiders have long had a thing with speed. Sometimes it translates (Tim Brown, Bo Jackson), sometimes it doesn't (Alexander Wright, Napoleon Kaufman).

I hope this kid and Russell can produce, but I'm not sold 100%. I think the jury's going to be out on him for a while.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #74
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

I understand your setiments but its not about being sold at this point. Its about patience bro. This kid is only 20yrs old. And now he has the chance to work with the best coaches and best trainers in America. So honestly the sky is the limit. No rookie comes into the league perfect, they all have their flaws. But I think that his potential only at the age of 20 greatly outweighs the current drawbacks. All of which can be developed or learned.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #75
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

everyone always says he wont just be able to outrun everyone in the NFL but does everyone in the NFL run a 4.33? no. He flew by LaRon Landry who runs a 4.3 and he is a pretty good safety in the NFL. If someone like Jerious Norwood can get like 3 long TD runs a season when he is slower than dmac then McFadden can at least get 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #76
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

and the only "experts" that I've heard criticize him are Mayock and Baldinger (who only watched one game btw, mizzouri) and Mayock said he only watched highlight tapes instead of game film
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #77
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

i think mcfadden is very gifted physically and i think he will be very productive and i hope so cause i'm a raiders fan. but i can't help to think that Jonathan stewart will be a better down to down nfl back.

it was evident that against USC the closes to what you'll see to a pro defense in college. (speed linebackers and great Dline and prod style defense run by pete carroll) he struggled against them. on other hand stewart had good success against SC.

it's kind of how lendale white and reggie bush translated in the NFL. lendale is your down to down back, reggie is your game breaker type if you use him right (which NO has not).

Old 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohogs141
everyone always says he wont just be able to outrun everyone in the NFL but does everyone in the NFL run a 4.33? no. He flew by LaRon Landry who runs a 4.3 and he is a pretty good safety in the NFL. If someone like Jerious Norwood can get like 3 long TD runs a season when he is slower than dmac then McFadden can at least get 6.
They why doesn't Reggie Bush just run past everyone in the NFL if he has a faster 40 then 95 percent of the league? Your Norwood DMC logic is very flawed and unreasonable, none of that takes into account several things such as patience, reading blockers etc. As far as the dead on contact talk, the kid has chicken legs, I think he needs to improve his lower body strength definitely but I would not say he is always dead on contact I

Last edited by a4reak; 06-08-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #79
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I love the 40 times= who's the fastest on the field comments.

These ratings threads bring the homers out of the woodwork. First Heath Miller is as good as Antonio Gates, and now DMAC has more power than Jonathan Stewart. Classic stuff.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #80
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
I'm sorry but Mayock did not make that up. Do you think he could make a statement like that and not get challenged on it by anyone on set at any point leading up to the draft. Give me a break. I understand you are a McFadden fan but if you take off the rose colored glasses you would see McFadden hit the ground every single time he makes solid contact with a defender. McFadden is a very good running back but he better find some lower body strength at this next level.
Agreed. Mayock is legit. He's actually in demand from NFL teams as a personel guy. He's the best talent evaluator I have ever seen on TV.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »