Home

McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

This is a discussion on McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2008, 02:28 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
Watch this video and listen to Mike Mayock (Mcfadden's biggest critic) and how silent he is after the time is announced. His guess was 4.38 and he was waaaay off. It was almost is if he was disappointed that mcfadden ran so fast lmao.

Dmacs 40 yard dash (in tennis shoes):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=93iNsemrda8

Here is a quick video of Adrian peterson vs. Patrick Willis (an SEC LB Mcfadden faced his first few years). Maybe if he had 4.33 speed he would have hit the hole before Pat Willis arrived. This one just shows how I can also use videos to fit my agenda lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U0zVSK1g9lY
If Adrian Peterson ran a 3.21 forty he would have still hit Pat Willis. And what is your point? All you say in your posts is Darren McFadden is fast and has a lot of potential. My points through this whole thing is just that Adrian Peterson was more NFL ready coming out of college. And that McFadden doesn't deserve the ratings he got. You have yet to post something that proves me wrong. You just tell me how he played quarterback in high school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 AM   #122
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecox3
If Adrian Peterson ran a 3.21 forty he would have still hit Pat Willis. And what is your point? All you say in your posts is Darren McFadden is fast and has a lot of potential. My points through this whole thing is just that Adrian Peterson was more NFL ready coming out of college. And that McFadden doesn't deserve the ratings he got. You have yet to post something that proves me wrong. You just tell me how he played quarterback in high school.

Lol WOW! You said the speeds were very close; thats was proven wrong. You said he was MUCH better coming out of college; you couldnt back up that bold statement. Now you say he was more NFL ready; whats next??? He's more Hall of Fame ready. Im done with this thread. My post involve factual information and stats while your post are complete rhetoric...and you refuted none of those arguments. You just flat out ignored them. Im not going to even get into what Dmac would have done to an Iowa State, Baylor, or UAB caliber defense because he did more against LSU, AUB, UGA, etc...if its your opinion that Adrian Peterson is leaps and bounds ahead of Darren Mcfadden then thats your opinion and nothing makes that fact. I guess Reggie Bush's Juke and Speed ratings should be adjusted as well since he hasnt had many long runs or juked alot of defenders out of there shoes.

LOL So if all you can do is state your opinion as fact and constantly refer to abstracts like "NFL Ready" then you have no argument to begin with. Because I guaruntee you one thing; If Darren McFadden was on a National title contender with a Heisman QB and 5+ NFL draft picks instead of an Arkansas team that returned 1 offensive starter (He still got nearly 1200 yards in 7 starts by the way) he would have had an unprecedented freshman year as well. He's a balanced runner and a smart runner that VERY rarely takes big hits (if you find a vid of McFadden taking big hits let me know). I can youtbe plenty videos of Adrian Peterson getting JACKED UP and make outlandish statements like: "He goes down easy on contact, or He has deadlegs on contact etc...." But I've seen enough of Peterson to know that a couple of youtube videos wont prove that. I've watched both backs since their highschool days and was one of the first to say that Darren was comparable to Adrian when he was coming out of highschool and everyone laughed. Well I dont see anyone laughing now. Keep the "because i said so" attitude and cliches such as "NFL Ready" to yourself because im not buying it. Good day Sir.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 10

If you take your homer glasses off for a sec Peterson was more NFL ready then McFadden, he played in a pro offense in college and ran between the tackles and his game translates more to the NFL. Even before he was drafted everyone said that. Its not a knock on DMC but he ran in a HS offense in college in comparison to Peterson running in I-form and actually seeing NFL type sets
Old 06-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #124
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

Icon6 Re: McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
If you take your homer glasses off for a sec Peterson was more NFL ready then McFadden, he played in a pro offense in college and ran between the tackles and his game translates more to the NFL. Even before he was drafted everyone said that. Its not a knock on DMC but he ran in a HS offense in college in comparison to Peterson running in I-form and actually seeing NFL type sets

What do you mean homer glasses. I have stated facts so I have no idea where your homer comment would apply. You obiously have no idea what you are talking about because we didnt run a hybrid offense most of the time when we ran it was out the I-formation. How else do you think we had a fullback drafted into the NFL. Peterson is a flat out baller and his success should not be attributed to his college system.

According to your logic Jason White of OU was more NFL Ready than Utahs's Alex Smith then right. He had he benefit of running a traditional offense as opposed to Smith operating out of Urban Meyer's Spread. But we both know how that panned out. Fact is guys came on here and had no substance to back up their arguments so instead they make it a Peterson vs McFadden thread. How bout you put on some glasses and see what is actually being discussed.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
What do you mean homer glasses. I have stated facts so I have no idea where your homer comment would apply. You obiously have no idea what you are talking about because we didnt run a hybrid offense most of the time when we ran it was out the I-formation. How else do you think we had a fullback drafted into the NFL. Peterson is a flat out baller and his success should not be attributed to his college system.

According to your logic Jason White of OU was more NFL Ready than Utahs's Alex Smith then right. He had he benefit of running a traditional offense as opposed to Smith operating out of Urban Meyer's Spread. But we both know how that panned out. Fact is guys came on here and had no substance to back up their arguments so instead they make it a Peterson vs McFadden thread. How bout you put on some glasses and see what is actually being discussed.
Listen im really not trying to argue w/ you or make this a AP vs DMC battle b/c I love both guys as players. I just feel and many NFL draft analyst that at the time of being drafted Peterson was more NFL ready. Maybe DMC willl mature into a back that moves guys back but the whole point of this thread was to say that a 96 spin, 90 truck and I forget the spin, is excessive. That is the truth. McFadden needs to build up his leg strength and IMO I think its a joke his truck is similar to Peterson or Gore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 PM   #126
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Listen im really not trying to argue w/ you or make this a AP vs DMC battle b/c I love both guys as players. I just feel and many NFL draft analyst that at the time of being drafted Peterson was more NFL ready. Maybe DMC willl mature into a back that moves guys back but the whole point of this thread was to say that a 96 spin, 90 truck and I forget the spin, is excessive. That is the truth. McFadden needs to build up his leg strength and IMO I think its a joke his truck is similar to Peterson or Gore
Well you are entitled to your opinion. This thread took a turn when a few guys started to question mcfadden's natural ability. There are plenty of NFL analyst that also think mcfadden is a better pro prospect as well. There is no consensus in this argument. Some think Peterson will be better and some think Mcfadden will be better. And its not just Arkansas fans.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:02 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well you are entitled to your opinion. This thread took a turn when a few guys started to question mcfadden's natural ability. There are plenty of NFL analyst that also think mcfadden is a better pro prospect as well. There is no consensus in this argument. Some think Peterson will be better and some think Mcfadden will be better. And its not just Arkansas fans.
The whole point of the thread was to question his ratings. Thus the title of McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »