Home

McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

This is a discussion on McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #33
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: McFadden, 90 Truck, 96 Juke Move????!!!!

I have no complaints with McFadden's ratings. And no, I am not biased.

<<<< Raiders fan

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Honestly, he probably doesn't deserve a high trucking rating, but when it comes down to it, how much of a difference is it going to make in the gameplay? Especially with the new branching tackle system that they implemented. A smarter gamer will try and juke their way out of tackles to break out of the animations with Mcfadden, because that is your best chance to do so.
Also, you will never convince me that he cant truck over defenders in the NFL. Just because it wasnt his feature move in college, doesn't mean the man cant truck through a tackle or two, IMO. Just my two cents.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK JAMES 1914
Since when did Jonathan Stewart run with "way more power" than Mcfadden???? You talk about others watching football...have you actually watched the games? If you did you would know Mcfadden runs with great speed and POWER. Yes more power than Jonathan Stewart.
I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing this power that your talking about. He has a decent stiff-arm. But McFadden's ratings that are posted must be a typo. Lets watch the tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCfZoPGEFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcsss...eature=related
Now here are his ratings
Ovr 85
Spd 97
Agi 96
Acc 99
Trk 90
Elu 92
Vis 75
Stf 90
Spn 90
Juk 96
Car 82
Cth 78
Just remember those were his highlight tapes showing off his best plays in college. If he trucked someone or broke someone's ankles with a juke or a spin it would be on one of those tapes. Now, EA is has his speed and acceleration down pretty well. They could have given him 96 speed and 98 acceleration just because he is fresh out of college and might not be as explosive compared to NFL players. Now every rating he has past this point is pretty much opposite of what it should be. While he needs to have decent agility to make some of the cuts he does it should not be on the level of the truly elite NFL running backs. He doesn't juke so his rating for agility should be 83 at best. (this would still allow him to cutback like he does in real life) Ok he didn't truck one person in that highlight tape, on one play he might have run someone over but he went down too. (even little Chris Johnson did that in his tape and he has a 72 for trucking) So I don't see where this 90 is coming from. He should have an 80 or lower here. 92 for elusiveness, He didn't duck a tackle once. What film is EA looking at! He should have like a 75 here. Now vision, possibly his best attribute other than his speed and they give him a 75, here I believe he should have an 85. I agree with the 90 stiff-arm because I actually saw this move in the tape. Spin at a 90?! Please let me know if you have ever seen Darren McFadden use a spin move. But the worst is the 96 for juke. Someone tell me when Darren McFadden has ever juked someone, he hasn't ever!(he might have once in high school) If he had juked someone it would have been in his highlight tape. yYet EA gives him the best juke rating of all the rookies. Even better than Felix Jones. I don't really know how his ball security is so I won't address that Carry rating and he seems to catch the ball okay so he deserves his 77.
I'm am not trying to sound like an *** hole here and I'm sorry if it comes off that way. And if someone shows me where he jukes and trucks people I will gladly admit defeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #36
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Whats the difference between a 92 truck rating and a 96 truck rating besides 4 points of something?!?? You guys talk like you know what the hell a 96 rating in something looks like.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #37
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

why are you complaining?
Old 06-04-2008, 11:11 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 29

McFadden isn't exactly a small guy.. The dude is huge... I don't like him or the Raiders, but I think he could prove those ratings accurate...

If not... well, that's why they have roster updates
Old 06-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #39
Rookie

Zyco's Arena

OVR: 2

It benefits them(EA) to overrate rookies since the NFL draft is so huge. If they overrate the rookies it will help sell copies of the game.

I dont think any rookie should be over an 80 in overall rating, hopefully this will change with patches and when the rookies **** the bed in their first season.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #40
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJGTC...eature=related

I just watched a 10 minute highlight and saw him truck once (and he wasn't even that successful at it) with a few stiff arms here and there. No jukes and damn sure no spin moves. He runs similar to Ted Ginn to where he could just outrun everybody and use any moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »