Home

RUSSELL05's Madden 09 Hands On Impressions

This is a discussion on RUSSELL05's Madden 09 Hands On Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #113
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: RUSSELL05's Madden 09 Hands On Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesdereuter
I felt it deserved attention, its THAT poor. If Russell had noticed or was familiar with this I was going to follow up by asking him if he knew to what degree this exists so people wont be shocked when a RB with 96 SPD in NCAA becomes a RB with 88 SPD in Madden. This happened last year.
this happens every year, at least to my knowledge it has. College players going from NCAA to Madden have always taken a hit to their ratings across the board.

While I don't agree with all ratings taking a hit during the jump, its not a shock that it happens this year because its happened every year since draft classes were added to Madden. It is what it is, time to move on.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #114
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
this happens every year, at least to my knowledge it has. College players going from NCAA to Madden have always taken a hit to their ratings across the board.

While I don't agree with all ratings taking a hit during the jump, its not a shock that it happens this year because its happened every year since draft classes were added to Madden. It is what it is, time to move on.
It might have been Ian, or Phil, or Adam, but they said the reason the ratings drop a bit is due to the surrounding talent. A guy in NCAA who is a 95 SPD (i.e. one of the faster players in the league) may only be an 88-90 in the NFL, due to the speed around him (yes, im looking at you Reggie Bush).

If thats really the case, i cant argue with that. Guys who are faster than everyone else in college dont seem quite that fast in the NFL bc of the caliber of players they are playing against. Thats why we hear things like "get used to the speed of the game"

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #115
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
yup
Thanks for answering..Gang Tackling and being able to aim passes on the deep ball..

SOUNDS GREATTT!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #116
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
It might have been Ian, or Phil, or Adam, but they said the reason the ratings drop a bit is due to the surrounding talent. A guy in NCAA who is a 95 SPD (i.e. one of the faster players in the league) may only be an 88-90 in the NFL, due to the speed around him (yes, im looking at you Reggie Bush).
I agree but then again I don't agree on this R.Bush should not take a 5 to 8 point speed hit dude was a 99 in NCAA. The same thing happened with C.Johnson his speed was around an 88 thats just all off.

I'm totally for guys taking a hit but the system needs to be tweaked in my eyes. Those elite players shouldn't be nerfed so much in my opinion.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
I agree but then again I don't agree on this R.Bush should not take a 5 to 8 point speed hit dude was a 99 in NCAA. The same thing happened with C.Johnson his speed was around an 88 thats just all off.

I'm totally for guys taking a hit but the system needs to be tweaked in my eyes. Those elite players shouldn't be nerfed so much in my opinion.
Yeah like you said in another thread, if the guy is 99 in NCAA when he comes to Madden at worst he should be a 97 or 98.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »