Home

IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS

This is a discussion on IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #25
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: IAN - QUESTION & CONCERN On disappearing PASS ICONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
My only concern would be for screen plays...because on those type of passes it is a legitimate strategy to fade back 15-20 yards to draw the DL to the QB and THEN dump to the RB or TE on the screen. If screens remained totally unaffected and the worst results were triggered by SPRINTING backwards with the QB turned away from the play, then I would probably melt in a puddle of man-love for such a thing!!!

Some people are being very narrow minded. This is EXACTLY what I mean by 'may cause other problems'. ^^^ Thank you Moostache for elaborating on this. There are a few instances when moving your QB more than 10 - 15 yards behind the LOS is not cheesy. I think maybe the icons should go away only if you immediately sprint away from the LOS.

Last edited by Sigma4Life; 06-03-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma4Life
Some people are being very narrow minded. This is EXACTLY what I mean by 'may cause other problems'. ^^^ Thank you Moostache for elaborating on this. There are a few instances when moving your QB more than 10 - 15 yards behind the LOS is not cheesy. I think maybe the icons should go away only if you immediately sprint away from the LOS.
I don't run back 15 yards to throw a screen. Sure you run back further but not that far. At least I don't.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't run back 15 yards to throw a screen. Sure you run back further but not that far. At least I don't.

Same here. I think more often than not, if an NFL QB dropped straight back 15 yards for a screen, there would be at least 3 defenders all over his intended receiver by the time he decided to throw the ball.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #28
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
nobody does if you do your not playing realistic....You can count on 1 hand the amount of times a NFL QB has dropped back 15+ yards and had something good happen.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 06-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #29
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
So what if it creates other problems. If you drop back 15+ yards you deserve more problems. The more problems for idiot cheesers the better IMO.
Not every 15+ yard drop back is the result of cheese. A realistic scramble could end up 15+ yards behind the LOS. I remember a Dallas game where a snap went of Romo's head. After chasing it down 15+ yards behind the LOS, he found some room and delivered a completion.

This "fix" may deter some from dropping back that far, but it also eliminates some realistic possible outcomes.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Not every 15+ yard drop back is the result of cheese. A realistic scramble could end up 15+ yards behind the LOS. I remember a Dallas game where a snap went of Romo's head. After chasing it down 15+ yards behind the LOS, he found some room and delivered a completion.

This "fix" may deter some from dropping back that far, but it also eliminates some realistic possible outcomes.
I think we can worry about snaps going over our QB's heads when they actually get that in there. I see what you and others are saying but the bottom line is the dropback is far, far, FAR more abused by default than the occasional scramble or the like scenario occurring. Fix the norm, not the exception.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

I see what you're saying, but I don't think I've ever seen a snap over a QB's head in all the years I've played Madden, or in any video game for that matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Scrambling and dropping back are 2 totally different things....I dont see a realistic reason to dropback 15+ plus yards to do anything.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »