Home

Jump balls?

This is a discussion on Jump balls? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2008, 02:49 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Jump balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
AS much as sim-style players SAY they would like something like this, the fact is that it would quickly become a BS cheese play that would infect online playt and head-to-head play and would be seen as "broken" by everyone else...I have to say that not only will this NOT be in 2010, this type of pass play (at least the way you describe it) will NEVER be in the game...
Yeah, if its a simple play that wasn't designed with much thought. But if they do it right, there's so many factors that come in to play. For one, it takes a near perfect pass to pull those plays off, because you have to get the ball barely away from the defenders reach, at the same time keeping the ball within reach of the receiver, because there's nothing but out of bounds behind them. Two, it depends on the person covering, some people can jump up there like crazy, regardless of their height. And three, you can hit them in the knees if ya want..
Old 06-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #10
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
i agree. and even if u only implemented this near the goal line, cheesers would use this EVERY TIME! sub your tallest reciever in with a good JUMP rating and live off of it.
Guess what? Teams do that in real life. If a team is stupid and doesnt recognize a mismatch if a 6'5 WR is being covered one on one by a 5-10 CB. The majority of time, the WR will win.

You either have to match up a taller more physical CB on them, or double cover them.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #11
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72
Guess what? Teams do that in real life. If a team is stupid and doesnt recognize a mismatch if a 6'5 WR is being covered one on one by a 5-10 CB. The majority of time, the WR will win.

You either have to match up a taller more physical CB on them, or double cover them.
guess what? in a video game where plenty of people look for anything to take advantage of (aka cheesers) this can be exploited to something more than that.

look at the spectacular catch last year. in the real nfl WR make great catches all the time. but in madden u were able to catch the ball pretty much all the time. just make a high throw and boom! Catch! it was exploited to the point that they had to fix it this year.
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #12
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballplaya72

I was just about to say that..i agree with you this is what teams do in real life you put a taller athletic receiver on a small db and let him go get it I guess there are a bunch of cheesers in the NFL (lol). Ea should counter that with DB AI and animations that matches this situation. and players should counter that with physical and athletic db's who's rating matches up well wi th the receiver being used..simple
Old 06-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

So because online cheesers could possibly exploit this feature, us "sim heads" have to do without?

So what else would we have to do without?

If they are adding/omitting features based off how it can be exploited by the online/tournament players, then they have their priorities mixed up.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #14
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So because online cheesers could possibly exploit this feature, us "sim heads" have to do without?

So what else would we have to do without?

If they are adding/omitting features based off how it can be exploited by the online/tournament players, then they have their priorities mixed up.
Great point
Old 06-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 12

Reason why they don't throw high passes every play is that you expose the WR to injury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #16
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree with most of the stuff you guys say (man i wish i could work for ea) but the fact of the matter is this is a play that happens all the timein the nfl and the last time i checked their motto was EA SPORTS IF ITS IN THE GAME ITS IN THE GAME.

people are going to abuse stuff like they used to abuse out routes they added Shading and it helps. so here is the scenario Im on D my opponent is about to score from the 8 yrd line lets say they are the pats and im the broncos bailey and moss lined up against each other brady wants the fade to moss i shade to the outside which should leave bailey in position for a pass defense no cheese! thats how you combat that or double team. on the flip side how many times have we seen moss be lined up on a db and the db is playing fade all the way and moss walks in for an easy slant if no LB is underneath so it can be done and dosent always have to be a jumpball look at the colts manning throws fades to harrison and he just beats the guy to the spot and uses good hands and footwork. If they add stuff like this instead of cheesy weapons madden would be great for me its the games within the game that makes sport games fun make it a true sim not an arcade game

PS.EA get at me for a job lol i got tons of things that would help madden out alot hell i only
make 9.75 at my job so i work for cheap

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »