Home

Franchise Blog?

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Franchise Blog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
While I'm just as eager to hear about Franchise as anyone else, I would caution against HUGE expectations regarding this mode. My best guess based on what we've heard so far is that they've tweaked and improved some logic here and there, and MAYBE they've added some minor new feature, but that's about it.

If I'm correct in this, then I suppose each person will have to decide how they feel about that. Regardless, I think we all just need to manage our own expectations. EA hasn't made any grand promises about this, just mentioned some improved functionality, and that's about it so far.

agreed on the expectation of huge changes to franchise mode. I am only expecting them to fix what was wrong last year and tweak the roster management, draft AI, and the simulated stats(which appears to have been addressed)

Anything more tan that would be icing on the cake.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

The franchise blog is coming butI wouldn't get my hopes up for a major overhaul. Now I could totally be wrong on this front but it didn't seem like franchise made the list this year the good thing is I talked to Phil about franshice and its one of his top things for 2010.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks russell, thats good to hear that its a top priority for next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
The franchise blog is coming butI wouldn't get my hopes up for a major overhaul. Now I could totally be wrong on this front but it didn't seem like franchise made the list this year the good thing is I talked to Phil about franshice and its one of his top things for 2010.
Which is exactly why I'll on the NFL Head Coach this year...Maybe from here on out if I like it enough. The Next-Gen Madden franchise experience is just a waste of my time...It's the same'ol thing yr after yr...Play 16 games, do or don't make playoffs, resign players, draft, sign FA's, re-sign staff, rinse repeat...
Old 06-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #13
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Which is exactly why I'll on the NFL Head Coach this year...Maybe from here on out if I like it enough. The Next-Gen Madden franchise experience is just a waste of my time...It's the same'ol thing yr after yr...Play 16 games, do or don't make playoffs, resign players, draft, sign FA's, re-sign staff, rinse repeat...
Isn't this the way it works though IRL? What really changes year to year besides personnel?

I realize you can get more in depth in Head Coach with scouting and playbooks - but really arent you still doing the same thing season after season?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Isn't this the way it works though IRL? What really changes year to year besides personnel?

I realize you can get more in depth in Head Coach with scouting and playbooks - but really arent you still doing the same thing season after season?
LOL, yeah really. Great point, mdgoalie. What differences are you looking for from year to year, JBH3?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37

Coaches change. Which we haven't had the option to this. If they would just make everything eqaul to last gens franchise people would be happy. Looks like it is getting. there.
I would like to see EA use the player roles they used on last gen in a more advanced way.

When it comes down to it. There are a lot of things they could do to franchise mode to make you want to play it longer and also draw you into the whole experience of owning/building a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Frazier
I don't have good news on this subject. It's taking much longer than anticipated to get this blog done because the person writing it is working so hard on tuning the stats in Franchsie.

I've seen revision 1 of the blog and I've asked for more detail, a lot more detail.

Still under construction. My new target is later this week. Don't shoot me if we don't hit that though. Finishing the game is more important.

Phil
Posted last week in a similar thread.

It's crunch time right now for Madden, guys, I wouldn't expect too much for the next couple weeks.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-09-2008 at 11:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »