Home

Online Leagues Playoff Structure

This is a discussion on Online Leagues Playoff Structure within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Online Leagues Playoff Structure

I read somewhere that Online leagues will not have a playoff structure based on 4 division winners and 2 wildcard teams, but instead the top six teams in each conference.

Have they mentioned why they chose to do this? I think it takes away from the significance of division games and I think it would have made for some really great rivalry games. Hopefully they change this in 2010. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Online Leagues Playoff Structure

I remember one of the EA's talking about this back somewhere.

I think they're just testing and tweaking online leagues this year, so we'll have an online franchise with divisons all the works next year.

The EA's guy didn't want to rush to make divisions because of time I guess. They could have had divisons this year but it would have been too hard to test and tweak or something and there would have been too many bugs. SO to play it safe, they scrapped divisons in favour of a league so they could make sure it worked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »