Home

new vid from gametrailer

This is a discussion on new vid from gametrailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: new vid from gametrailer

I liked the vid except for the Manning pick first throw and its picked AHHHHHH! If it is a turover fest( Dont know yet cause its claimed to be fixed ) were all going kill the game. With that said ,if it plays a well rounded true sim with fair turnovers , Im in.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 8

Hey Russ,

Per the new breaking tackles system, do you actually have control or is it pre-determined canned responses? Meaning does it happen when the AI wants it to happen? What does the user actually do to break tackles?

In 2k5 you charged up/tapped a button to struggle out of tackles. The defender did the same to make the tackle.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #35
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

This game is in need of a major animation & physics upgrade. Nice graphics though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

looked like 08 with better lighting and broken tackle animations. big whoop

The deep ball where the corner runs at FULL SPEED, attempts an INT, then at the speed of light, turns around and HIT STICKS the receiver is inexcusable.

The synchronized swimming deep ball pass was ugly and reminiscent of 08 and below. make me forget it!

Peyton Manning should be able to sit in the "pocket" against the Bills. on three consecutive plays he got flushed out. Madden needs to tone down the effectiveness of the center of the pass rush and strengthen the O-line. More time for the user to sit in the pocket means less INTs.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This game is in need of a major animation & physics upgrade. Nice graphics though.
basically. more COD and GTA for me

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 06-10-2008, 11:38 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

The Oline and Dline interactions / animation are still not what they should be. Until they fix that (Heart of any football game) the game will never resemble what we see on sunday. Forget presentation and graphics. The line play needs to be fixed.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
Peyton Manning should be able to sit in the "pocket" against the Bills. on three consecutive plays he got flushed out. Madden needs to tone down the effectiveness of the center of the pass rush and strengthen the O-line. More time for the user to sit in the pocket means less INTs.
you gotta be kidding right? The defensive line in this game is a big problem, that's why everyone blitzes like crazy. To be fair, the first play was a cover 1 play out of Nickel it looks like with the NB blitzing from the backside and did not get accounted for because the HB is running a delay flat route, so the user was ok in moving away from it. But notice on the same play, Marcus Stroud gets pancaked like he doesn't weight anything. Next play defense brings a blitz, HB is running delay flat route, notice Stroud get pancaked yet again. Both DE's get pancaked. Next play both safeties blitz.

Then with the Colts on defense look how Freeney and Mathis get pancaked every single play. You sure the Oline needs "strength." No it doesn't. What they need is to recode how the Oline and Dline works. If they kept it the way it is now and gave the Oline more strength I wouldn't even think about buying the game.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 12

HEY EA SPORTS YOUR D-LINE MEN STILL FALL STRAIGH TO THE FLOOR WHEN THE BALL IS HIKED WTF???? EA YOU GUYS NEED TO FIX THAT UGLY LINE PLAY BEFORE I EVER THINK ABOUT BUYING MADDEN ON A NEXT GEN CONSOLE. IT IS JUST INEXCUSABLE. YOU HAVE HAD 2 1/2 YEARS ON NEXT GEN CONSOLE..FIX IT!!!!!

Last edited by jdr4693; 06-10-2008 at 01:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »