Home

new vid from gametrailer

This is a discussion on new vid from gametrailer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
new vid from gametrailer

this vid doesn't look that impressive but i'll share it anyways

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: new vid from gametrailer

good and bad. good because sidelines and commentary have been brought in bad because the overall graphics look more cartoonish then relaistic now..... I can stomach that for ncaa but not for madden anymore
Old 06-09-2008, 11:19 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

thanks checking it out now
Old 06-09-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I thought it looked great. I loved the wideness on the pass plays.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

That was ok, I think by now we have a general sense of the game were getting and I am in approval of what I have seen of madden 09. I liked the entrance into the stadium. Nothing spectacular or horrible that I noticed. I didn't like Lynch just standing in the end zone afterwards. For some reason the field looks bigger this year and better proportioned to the players.

Last edited by a4reak; 06-09-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

What's up with #99(Marcus Stroud) for Buffalo wearing those damn black snow boots? I hope they fix that crap. I'm pretty sure there was the same problem with one of Buffalo's O linemen in Madden 08. Other than that, the game looked good, and I liked the cutback in the end by Lynch.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 06-09-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Lol at the lineman absolutely crushing that linebacker on that stretch play about half way through the video.

about 4:50 on the gameclock, I don't see a timer for the video

Looks good, Im semi-excited.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #8
Rookie

Dudd's Arena

OVR: 4

Hate to be a wet blanket, but my reaction to the video was a general meh. The touchdown was horrible, the running back ran parallel to the LOS and then broke two tackles to take it to the house. When was the last time you saw that, 95% of the long runs in the NFL happen when the running back gains a seam and explodes in the second level and either goes untouched or has enough momentum to break an arm tackle. If he stops moving five yards behind the line of scrimmage, he's not going anywhere. The deep balls still looked off, there was still the same choreographed 180 degree spin done in unison by both the WR and the DB that resulted in a pass breakup, and on the other, there was a hit done using the hit stick which resulted in a sudden change of momentum that just looked entirely unrealistic and out of place. Madden seems to be stuck in the uncanny valley to me, in some ways it looks so real that the fact they have a movement system that doesn't seem to always be smooth and congruent with the laws of physics stands out even more. It's not a problem watching the cartoon bodies dive hopelessly after Tecmo Bo, but it sticks out like a sore thumb here.

One other than stuck out, on the play following the rewind of the interception, number 71 of the Colts, an offensive lineman, sprints downfield following the catch and does the jump over pile animation, speeding up in the process of starting his jump. It's things like that that stick out too, it just doesn't look right.

Last edited by Dudd; 06-10-2008 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »