Home

FGS, Accelerated Clock and Live Opponent

This is a discussion on FGS, Accelerated Clock and Live Opponent within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
FGS, Accelerated Clock and Live Opponent

Thanks to Ian I may be buying Madden '09. I'm an APF 2K8 person but I like both the attitude and what I'm hearing from the Madden development community. That combined with no APF2K9 make me a likely buyer. However I am disappointed that the following Madden problems or issues may not be addressed.

1. Field Goals: Past editions of Madden have made this important aspect of football an afterthought. Field Goals are pretty automatic even beyond 50+ yards. This is not realist and it is something that APF2k* did get right.

2. Accelerated clock: This was a great innovation by EA. Please bring it back.

3. Live Opponent: This was a fantastic innovation by EA. In Madden '07 you had the option of playing a game in your franchise against a live opponent. In my view this was much better than online leagues because it is difficult to overcome the logistics of a league with more than a few people. The leagues in APF2K8 usually collapsed because of this. However with live opponent you and your buddy could play games in each others franchise. How great is it to beat your friend in something more than a pick-up game? I loved ruining my friends season by beating up on his Jets week in and week out. Bring back Live Opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: FGS, Accelerated Clock and Live Opponent

Agree, somewhat agree, and could care less. In that order.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperLantern
Agree, somewhat agree, and could care less. In that order.
You COULD care less... so you care?

Sorry... pet peeve.

But I basically agree. Gotta fix the field goal thing. Accelerated clock was nice, but not entirely necessary. I don't care about being able to play a live opponent in dynasty.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

I think Live Opponent is a great feature that should be returned.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree.

Where is Live Opponent? It's funny how some of these features just vanish into thin air.

Any thing that allows you to extend the offline features into an online arena is good for the game. I liked how I could be in season 2 or 3 and have an updated squad that's been through a few drafts and continue to play other people online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree completely with the first two.

Fixing the field goals is a must, because it's like you always have an out as long as you can get to the 40 yard line.

Accelerated clock was great for franchise mode. You got realistic stats and for whatever odd reason, seeing 15 minutes on the clock added to the atmosphere of the game for me.

Live Opponent isn't something I really used, but I could see it being a good feature for people that like playing online matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »