Home

Ian- To End Alot of Speculation

This is a discussion on Ian- To End Alot of Speculation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #9
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Ian- To End Alot of Speculation

Amusing fact--- MM guys are all excited over the new vids, while it's OS that's pissed off about them.

Such a quick flip.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Amusing fact--- MM guys are all excited over the new vids, while it's OS that's pissed off about them.

Such a quick flip.
I mean the videos we are seeing now is exactly what we are gonna get in August and people need to accept that and just move on.

If they don't like what they see they should wait for madden 2010 to come out.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I mean the videos we are seeing now is exactly what we are gonna get in August and people need to accept that and just move on.

If they don't like what they see they should wait for madden 2010 to come out.
See, this is where you're wrong though. We know of several changes that have been made to the game that don't show up in these videos... notably, the defensive line bugfix and the dropback-icon-fade.

Those changes were made quite recently, and media outlets do not have those builds yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

Such a quick flip.
This is one OS'er who is excited over the vids.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
This is one OS'er who is excited over the vids.
I think a lot of OS guys expected the recent build, and I think they expect a sim-style approach, and they got two guys on the sticks who are trying to show the game off and make it look cool and arcady on purpose on an old built on pro level.

I see good and bad with the videos, but quite honestly, as I've said before, I'm buying 09 not for the sake of playing 09, but to tide me over until 2010 I expect I'll be playing a TON of Head Coach this year.

That's not to say I think Madden will be bad.. I think it'll be the best NextGen madden to date, and it'll be a solid outing, worth taking online... but it wont be until next year I'll really be sucked in like I was circa 2003.

One thing I'm VERY excited about is getting back the ability to direct my receivers during the play... I missed that a LOT. I can't tell you how many of my best plays back in 04 were rolling right, and telling a back in the flat to head downfield. It makes so much sense... whenever you see a QB rolling out in Madden, you see 'em pointing, directing people downfield.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:

One thing I'm VERY excited about is getting back the ability to direct my receivers during the play... I missed that a LOT. I can't tell you how many of my best plays back in 04 were rolling right, and telling a back in the flat to head downfield. It makes so much sense... whenever you see a QB rolling out in Madden, you see 'em pointing, directing people downfield.
Wait what?

You can do that this year now?....Link me....
Old 06-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

A real simple solution is to make sure and give us a demo for the game at least 2 weeks before it is released.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 9

I think Russell 05 also said that... the images you see aren't the latest build, but if you aren't satisfied with those then it's a good probability that you won't be satisfied with the finished product.

Really, how much is going to change...

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »