Home

madden2010 and beyond" no more excuses"

This is a discussion on madden2010 and beyond" no more excuses" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
madden2010 and beyond" no more excuses"

Hey everyone,

I want to first say that i appreciate Ian and other developers visiting these forums and getting the fans input..job well done!!!

Second i want to stress that after the 2009 season, EA should be put to another standard and stop with the lack of creativity and give the hardcore fans what they want..point blank!!!!

2010 and beyond, we should have real football and if its on the field, it should be in the game!!! Really now, lets talk: 2k5 came out in 2004 and with the presentation side, blows madden away. I love 2k5 presentation, but i love maddens gameplay.

I'm a realist and know that madden is all we have until 2013, so i have to bite the bullet and chose madden or nothing at all. So i want madden to be great and do well.

U wonder why people still love 2k5, let me tell u " its the small things they put in the game" Its the closest to the real thing then acually being there. U feel like u in the game, especially with the crowds and atmosphere. Playoffs and superbowl, u feel like u there.

Ian and others, if u read this, get a copy of 2k5 & allpro and study it. U dont have to duplicate it, just improve off of it. Really, the cheerleaders, sidelines interaction after plays, coach and player celebrations, emotion of players, gatorade drenching of coach, superbowl trophy presentation and the list goes on and on.

Stop playing with us EA, and give us what we want..real football!!!!!! Its the hardcore gamers that put the time in, not the casual gamers. If u need to, take a another year to make the game, go bi-yearly if u can. We want real football, not that cheesy stuff u giving us. No more gimmicks, concentrate on football and what it means to be in the game.

We want to feel like we there, even if i want to watch a cpu-vs-cpu game, let me feel the excitement of that game. Like i was watching tv, thats what we want...like we are watching tv!!!!!!. Let me feel it and experience real football, madden style!!! If i'm going to pay EA sports $60 of my hard earned money in the economy we live in today, i want it to be worth it, or i'll just go back to 2k5 and experience real football. Its not perfect, but its darn close to it.

Come on EA..listen!!! Real football!!! thats what the consumers want, no more excuses!!!! Or, u going to see a more bitter public towards u and a distance from potential 2k5 fans. People not just going to voice there outrage on youtube, u going to see actually fans at the stadiums as well.

I know EA doesnt want millions of fans seeing signs at the real staduims. So i want the best for all consumers, and i know i'm not the only one that feel this way. Come on Ian and others, give us real football and then u will hear madden praises and not from just madden fans, 2k fans as well. Long
live football!!!!!!! GOD BLESS U all!!!!

Last edited by TJdaSportsGuy; 06-11-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: madden2010 and beyond" no more excuses"

I don't agree w/ exactly everything you said (fans at stadiums holding signs lol) but I understand where you're coming from. I do agree that 2010 is a "no more excuses year". It should've been this year for 09 but they understandably had a lot to address from Madden 08.

But yes, it's time to create a real football game. It's not the presentation that keeps pulling me back to NFL2K5. It's the emphasis on the core elements of the sport that bring me back. Ian has been on the record to say that each year they have a list of priorities & they work forward from there. My question is how does the highly important OL/DL interaction consistently get pushed down the priority list year after year after year? Yes, sometimes the stars align and you get a pocket but that's about it. I mean, I'm ecstatic it's on the list for next year but it makes you wonder why wasn't it THE priority in years past when it's so important?

At the end of the day, like another guy mentioned on this board a little while ago, I hope that the Madden team is at a point now where they have a solid foundation as far as gameplay & player models so they can place their focus on details, depth, & polish next year. But like you said, next year, no more excuses (it seems us fans say that every year lol).

Last edited by RGiles36; 06-11-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Paragraphs are your friends...
Old 06-11-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

I think we all want a good real football game.

Ian has said several times that he has played 2k5 and APF, that's part of his job.

EA has never visited the boards before this year. Ian and Phil Frasier went against the grain and started to interact with the community. I think that shows they want to hear from the hard core gamer as well.

I hope they continue to come to the boards during the start up and duration of 2010 and beyond.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Paragraphs are your friends...
If you had taken the time to read that one monster paragraph you would have said, "Praragraphs are u friends..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think we all want a good real football game.

Ian has said several times that he has played 2k5 and APF, that's part of his job.

EA has never visited the boards before this year. Ian and Phil Frasier went against the grain and started to interact with the community. I think that shows they want to hear from the hard core gamer as well.

I hope they continue to come to the boards during the start up and duration of 2010 and beyond.

First of all let me say that im extremely happy those guys are here.

Now let me say that I think you need to rephrase your post. This is the first time they are "posting" on these boards. They have been visiting the boards since they have been making madden and had message boards. Its not like Ian said a few weeks ago " hey look there are these things called message boards and they are talking about madden"
Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

Now let me say that I think you need to rephrase your post. This is the first time they are "posting" on these boards. They have been visiting the boards since they have been making madden and had message boards. Its not like Ian said a few weeks ago " hey look there are these things called message boards and they are talking about madden"
Your right, I should rephrase the post. I just recognized I said, "they have never visited here." Good point.

They probably were lurking, but they were not suppose to post according to Ian.

I think we can both agree with that.

Last edited by roadman; 06-11-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44

True, but interaction with the community is the key. It's one thing to read what someone says, and something completely different to actually have a conversation with them.

I've read quite a bit by Hunter S. Thompson, but to sit down and talk to him would be a whole other trip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »