Home

To IAN and fellow EA members: Negative

This is a discussion on To IAN and fellow EA members: Negative within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
To IAN and fellow EA members: Negative

I recently noticed a couple of negative posts about the way madden 09 is looking compared to what was mentioned earlier from you and others.

The complaints have been

1)Players being to "floaty"
2)Madden not being NEXT-GEN
3)Poor Line play
4)Poor player interaction
5)Poor commentary
6)Last but not least poor presentation

I wanted to comment on this and make a post were you all could come here and clear up maybe some of these issues are atleast give us some feed back to what is being done to correct these issues.

1) This is one of the most annoying problems I am seeing from the videos. The players don't look like they have any weight to them and can turn on a dime full speed. It takes away from the game because on sunday you are use to seeing this fast pace game BUT it also has a correct flow to it. Madden 09 (from the videos) looks like you kicked the top off a ant mound. Everything is zipping by and darting this way and that way. Gathering, cutting, changeing direction, ect should all be done more real and I think that is where the complaints are coming from.

2)I think number 1 has alot to do with this. I think the lack of momentum and increased level of speed has it looking...NOT real. But that is just my preception of what they mean. could be way off.

3)This is a gimmie and I know should be getting over-hauled next year. But does take away from this year so people do complain...is it right??? Not for me to judge.

4)This explains itself. But it is getting better.

5)We need more excitment. Listen to the change in pitchs in voice when a big play goes off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e...eature=related

6)Check out MLB: The Show it is a PERFECT example of what madden needs.

Later guys
PHOBIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: To IAN and fellow EA members: Negative

You could've PM'ed this to Ian.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »