Home

Ehh, not again....

This is a discussion on Ehh, not again.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:54 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 13
Ehh, not again....

Yet again, the Madden ratings are awful and alot of players are out of position.

Someone blasted me before when I asked if Madden had any people on staff that actually KNOW football and watch the game. But after looking at the rosters I can now say for a fact that they dont.

Im not going to go through the entire list of problems Ive found with rosters and ratings, so Ill just stick with the MLB position.

For one thing, Karlos Dansby, is an OLB for the Arizona Cardinals. They have him as a MLB. Not only that, but he is only rated an 85. That is garbage and proves that EA is pretty much clueless, just with that one right there.

Patrick Willis as a 96. Now, Im not really mad about this since Willis is a beast, but this pretty much leaves no room for growth. Although, considering how much Maddens progression system SUCKS, I guess it doesnt really matter.

Lawrence Timmons at 75? I know he didnt play much last season, but that doesnt warrant dropping the Steelers first round pick that far. I could see possibly dropping him a point, but 5-6 points? EA obviously has never heard of developing players.

Also, I must say that its pretty sad that Madden's 40th ranked MLB is still rated an 80. This is why the game gets so boring so quickly. One good season and that guy would be up in the mid 90s.

After going through everything, I have come to the conclusion that EA is simply telling people what they want to hear, again. Sure, maybe some of the bugs will be fixed, but new ones will surely be there. Myself, a lowly football and videogame FAN, spent a few minutes going through the rosters and could see the problems, yet the developers, who get paid to find problems and make the game as realistic as possible, still cant even get the simplest task right? I mean, how hard is it to put a player in the right position?

I know some of you fanboys will blast me, and I really do appreciate all the work Ian has done with the gameplay (which I will reserve judgment for), but Im not buying Madden. It wont hurt them alot as Im sure casual gamers and little kids will like the purty graphics, but I cant pay for a game that is still obviously being half a$$-ed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Ehh, not again....

Lol at you, you complained about the same thing on sports gamer.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow. You list two examples and that's why you're not buying the game? It sounds like you weren't buying it anyway, and especially not if you have such tiny problems with the game. If you don't like the ratings? Re-rate the players. If you don't like the player's position? Move the player around until it fits. If the game play is fixed, and the editing isn't bugged...what's the deal?

This is just negativity for negativity's sake. It's sad. You really should have just waited until the game came out and made the same thread, since you're not going to buy it anyway.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »