Home

ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

This is a discussion on ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 02:05 AM   #41
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: ian or anyone else from ea im sure your tired of hearin about this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
yes i would still buy the game im not going to lie about it but it sold millions because of name also it doesnt hurt that its the only nfl game on the market. idk what threads your lookin at because i see an awful lot of franchise people on them and if you think about it what would you say is the best madden ever? for me its madden 05 ive also seen alot of ppl say this as well and in 05 franchise was the main focus, now i agree gameplay is the by far the most important thing but its no coincidence that probly the best madden ever had the best franchise mode ever
Devils

2kflightschool.webs.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #42
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
LOL.

You guys are kidding yourselves and misunderstanding my point.

I never said one time that franchise was unimportant, but the idea that it's the "backbone" of the Madden franchise is a ridiculous idea. No--and understand this well--the "backbone" of the Madden franchise is, always was, and always will be, the GAMEPLAY ON THE FIELD. Period. If Madden dropped franchise tomorrow I'm sure you'd all think the game would fail, but boy you couldn't be more wrong. I'd bet the sales they'd lose would be so minimal by comparison it wouldn't even make a dent and plenty of you would still buy it anyway even though I'm sure you'd say you wouldn't right now, lol.

If you think that the majority of the people who buy this game care about franchise anywhere near the level that people at a board like OS would, then you have some wild illusions about the overall market of who buys this game. You've lost touch with reality. I've been to every popular Madden community online, and I've seen very few threads screaming about franchise. Threads about everything else FAR outweigh it. FAR. It's not even a contest. But again, if you wish to live with illusions be my guest, it's just that the proof of it disproves your belief. Just check around for yourselves, tally it up and compare it to everything else.

EA on the other hand understands it much better, which is the reason they've publicly made mentions about making the game more accessible to the casual gamer. They know where their bread and butter sales are coming from. The casual gamer is not playing season after season after season after season of franchise mode, and doing a bunch of micromanagement tasks, but the fact that you actually believe they do is pure comedy.

Keep the laughs coming though guys. It's entertaining. LOL.

And to Ian: just keep in mind that Madden '08's franchise was indisputably broken, yet the game still sold Millions between 360 and PS3. So obviously, its failures didn't derail the train. It didn't help, but it didn't derail it either. I'm pretty sure that at the end of the day, you would have to agree that the gameplay on the field is what Madden's most important aspect is. If not, I'd be worried. Gameplay trumps all.
I just love it when these new guys come here and say we have "wild illusions" ......but the best one is "we've lost touch with reality"...lol

The only thing "entertaining" here is you. Who cares how many "Madden sites" you visit. Do you think that their the only ones that matter? Did you go out and take a personnal poll?...door to door? street by street? state by state?. Have you gone to every store that sells Madden and asked every customer which "mode" they prefer? NO? Then you have no basis on which to make your claims.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

Last edited by Kramer5150; 06-16-2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 AM   #43
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
yes...quite the deja vu isn't it?
LOL...ain't it the truth.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 06-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #44
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

OVR: 3

Hmm... Let's see... some random poster says very few Madden buyers are into franchise... then Ian, a Madden designer, says he doesn't have the figures handy but knows that a high percentage of buyers play franchise.

I think I'll take the word of the guy that actually designs the game, despite Gridiron's vast knowledge from various message boards.

Of course, maybe I'm just kidding myself.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 AM   #45
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhound
Hmm... Let's see... some random poster says very few Madden buyers are into franchise... then Ian, a Madden designer, says he doesn't have the figures handy but knows that a high percentage of buyers play franchise.

I think I'll take the word of the guy that actually designs the game, despite Gridiron's vast knowledge from various message boards.

Of course, maybe I'm just kidding myself.
I agree lol.....I would rather take the word of....oh I don't know....the GAME DESIGNER...lol.
What's funny though,is that I'd bet that message board users aren't the majority of Madden buyers anyway.
Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I'm pretty certain that most people really don't play franchise. I'd bet the farm that the percentage of people who do is very small actually.

People who are deep into franchise modes may not realize it, but most people who play these games aren't looking to play the role of owning a team and doing a lot of micro-managing. They just want to hit the field, play a quick game, and move on to other daily activities.
Who are you speaking for? Everybody I know that isn't hardcore still loves playing their franchise. I know some people who just play that mode to build their team and then watch it play the computer. That fact that you think you speak for everyone shows a lot about your character.

Quote:
Peace indeed. But I'm actually very much aware of the few posts (and I say few by comparison to everything else) around different sites asking for it, but you have to realize that the people asking for it mostly represent the hardcore crowd or at least a more serious crowd than the very casual gamer who never visits a message board to talk about Madden or only picks up info casually which makes up the majority of Madden's target audience.

By comparison to other things, even those posts asking for franchise info are only a small fraction within every Madden community I've visited. Even here (I've been reading this site for many years now).

I do however realize that when you're deeply into something and visit a community where you have some other's who are too, it can become to difficult to see beyond the near and present.
What are you smoking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
I'm actually kind of with you on this one basically (and I'd have to disagree with Gridiron). Franchise is right up there with gameplay in terms of importance to me. Superstar and mini-games, though important...not so much. Unfortunately I've had nothing to do with it over the past few years (since Madden 2006 actually), so I can't really comment one way or another on how 09's is stacking up. I don't have exact telemetry but I do know that Franchise is used by a rather large percentage of our buyers.
Good to hear this. I'm glad that you know that this is the game mode that most look forward to playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
Learn to play people you know online, and you want to win the superbowl so bad then do it in an online league, everyone plays online, don't know where you get your info from?
Sometimes it is not so easy to schedule online game and be committed to a league. As you know most of us have jobs,family and lives. So that can be hard to schedule. I just don't know why you and grid iron think they speak for the masses.

Quote:
it had the basic needs on ps2 and original xbox
it was pretty much a bare version the last 3 years on next gen
to you its acceptable cause its not your thing just like online was acceptable to me because i didnt play it much but to the people who did there was some glaring problems that needed to be fixed well from what we hear alot of those have been address actually if you wanna know how important a good franchise mode is ask anyone who has APF 2k8 i have it and yes its a good game and i play online sometimes but if since it has no franchise mode it doesnt have much replay value for me and has turned alot of people off of it.
Amen to that. I love how people say franchise mode can't have anything done to it. They also don't acknowledge the fact that this game mode has been broken on next gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
No I play through franchise many times, thanks for telling me I don't though.
I was going to say something. But then I realized you were a Philly fan. Your excused.

Quote:
LOL.

I never said one time that franchise was unimportant, but the idea that it's the "backbone" of the Madden franchise is a ridiculous idea. No--and understand this well--the "backbone" of the Madden franchise is, always was, and always will be, the GAMEPLAY ON THE FIELD. Period. If Madden dropped franchise tomorrow I'm sure you'd all think the game would fail, but boy you couldn't be more wrong. I'd bet the sales they'd lose would be so minimal by comparison it wouldn't even make a dent and plenty of you would still buy it anyway even though I'm sure you'd say you wouldn't right now, lol.

If you think that the majority of the people who buy this game care about franchise anywhere near the level that people at a board like OS would, then you have some wild illusions about the overall market of who buys this game. You've lost touch with reality. I've been to every popular Madden community online, and I've seen very few threads screaming about franchise. Threads about everything else FAR outweigh it. FAR. It's not even a contest. But again, if you wish to live with illusions be my guest, it's just that the proof of it disproves your belief. Just check around for yourselves, tally it up and compare it to everything else.

EA on the other hand understands it much better, which is the reason they've publicly made mentions about making the game more accessible to the casual gamer. They know where their bread and butter sales are coming from. The casual gamer is not playing season after season after season after season of franchise mode, and doing a bunch of micromanagement tasks, but the fact that you actually believe they do is pure comedy.

And to Ian: just keep in mind that Madden '08's franchise was indisputably broken, yet the game still sold Millions between 360 and PS3. So obviously, its failures didn't derail the train. It didn't help, but it didn't derail it either. I'm pretty sure that at the end of the day, you would have to agree that the gameplay on the field is what Madden's most important aspect is. If not, I'd be worried. Gameplay trumps all.

You really have problems.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
i thought that the franchise part of madden was ok for the most part. i didnt really have a problem with it except for the unrealistic stats that was in the game. now its not the best and sometimes we need to remember that this is just a game. we want the realizm of football so much that we forget that these guys are working hard to try to forfill the needs of millions of gamers and thats just not possible for the required time that they have to put in the project at EA
Well. You must not of played it enough. The fact there has been a glitch in it for two years were you get credited for double the ints is ridiculous. They was no work put into this mode. Then is would just freeze in training camps. Players would get older when you trained them. Some would get younger. Now you are going to tell me with a straight face that this mode worked and has everything you would want and we should pat EA's people on their backs.
I guess. I'm going to have to ask you. What you are smoking?

All I have to say about this is this thread really caught me by surprise. Thew wasy some were reacting to a simple plea for more info this game mode that is the back bone for Madden. Thanks Ian for acknowledging this and I hope they give you guys some more help so we can see a complete franchise mode online and off next year. The gameplay looks great. And that is the first and foremost.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
LOL.

I love how you try to get your point across but you come across as if you "know it all". Which is a terrible wrong way to come and try to talk to adults. Talking to people and expressing your views in a better manner would get you more respect. Instead you choose the "pushy", "know it all", "enlighting all of us" ohh how we should bow to your great wisdom.

You lost my respect not with your views but with how you talk to people. So in which case puts your post as POINTLESS to me. A bunch of wasted space.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #48
Rookie

minister's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I love how you try to get your point across but you come across as if you "know it all". Which is a terrible wrong way to come and try to talk to adults. Talking to people and expressing your views in a better manner would get you more respect. Instead you choose the "pushy", "know it all", "enlighting all of us" ohh how we should bow to your great wisdom.

You lost my respect not with your views but with how you talk to people. So in which case puts your post as POINTLESS to me. A bunch of wasted space.

Aman, but isn't it funny how the know it all's, know nothing.
John 3:16

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »