Home

Next-Gen Sports Games

This is a discussion on Next-Gen Sports Games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What has been the best next-gen sports game title
NCAA Football 2 1.87%
Madden 5 4.67%
NBA 2K 30 28.04%
College Hoops 2K 12 11.21%
MLB 2K 2 1.87%
The Show 38 35.51%
Other 18 16.82%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Next-Gen Sports Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks
Hey Ian, I posted on one of the first few pages and one of my main concerns was about the RB juke. Some of us have suggested that it may be a bit overdone and shows a lack of momentum, and I suggested a certain lag time between moves (slow enough that it's not arcade-like, but fast enough to seem like it's a user twitch). My question is, what do you think about it, and if there is something wrong with it; is it still possible to be fixed?
We have specific branch "windows" based on the skill of the player. So you will see guys with high agility and juke move ratings be able to branch these together quickly, whereas a FB won't be able to do that type of stuff. It's probably a little weighted towards the fun-factor side, but the balance we put in is a chance of slipping and falling for the guy trying to exploit it and overdoing it. So though it probably could be tuned back towards realism more (fyi - it's too late to be addressed for this year), I think we've got a good risk/reward system there for people that might try to go crazy with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
We have specific branch "windows" based on the skill of the player. So you will see guys with high agility and juke move ratings be able to branch these together quickly, whereas a FB won't be able to do that type of stuff. It's probably a little weighted towards the fun-factor side, but the balance we put in is a chance of slipping and falling for the guy trying to exploit it and overdoing it. So though it probably could be tuned back towards realism more (fyi - it's too late to be addressed for this year), I think we've got a good risk/reward system there for people that might try to go crazy with it.
Is that picture in your avatar you Ian or Will Forte??

Seriously, everytime I see that I wonder. If that is you I hope you're not offended but do you get people telling you that you look like him?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 06-18-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
Framerate isn't overrated go play the Madden 07 demo.

Live is definitely next-gen, has great graphics, commentary, deep dynasty mode, OTP, good online and everything, smooth gameplay.

How could you call 2K8 next-gen, is that a joke? I understand this is a 2K fan site but seriously.
You said live is better then NBA 2k8.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Is that picture in your avatar you Ian or Will Forte??

Seriously, everytime I see that I wonder. If that is you I hope you're not offended but do you get people telling you that you look like him?
Lol, no, that's me (it's a pic from the EA producer blogs). And I've never had that comparison.

Wouldn't it be strange if I had a picture of Will Forte as my avatar?
Old 06-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #45
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Lol, no, that's me (it's a pic from the EA producer blogs). And I've never had that comparison.

Wouldn't it be strange if I had a picture of Will Forte as my avatar?
Strange? No, but we've never asked about your sexual preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #46
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
I actually hate baseball. Haven't enjoyed a baseball game since Baseball Stars.

I will give any good sports game a shot though. Not to get too much off topic, have you guys heard about the secret features for NHL and NBA Live 09? Any speculation?
6v6 and 5v5 online?

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 06-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 10

pertaining to next gen sports games, put me down for Tiger 08.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #48
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Hands down the SHOW is the best sports next-gen game for me. I dont doubt 2k8 basketball is a great game also, but I never liked the sport. Its probably because I never was good at it(lol). I look for presentation and gameplay when making judgements on a game, the graphics are great on all the games. This will be a problem again this year for madden 09. I dont doubt there is some looong hard hours put into trying to get the game to play well, but the presentation suffers tremendously and this is after watching the Colts vs. Vikings video. As of right this second, I wont be buying this game and playing winter baseball. When the presentation level is in the same ballpark as the Show 08'( no pun intended) I will get back on the bandwagon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »