Home

****New Madden NFL 09 Question and Answer Thread for Ian Cummings.****

This is a discussion on ****New Madden NFL 09 Question and Answer Thread for Ian Cummings.**** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:01 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ****New Madden NFL 09 Question and Answer Thread for Ian Cummings.****

In years past, my offensive lineman have constantly gone past the line of scrimmage on passing plays. IMO that's one of the most unrealistic things in Madden. Will this ever be fixed?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 6

can you fix the effectiveness of crossing routes with speed wrs?
i see people burn others with ted ginn out of asll people just due to a crossing route

and fix the qb hiking and running to the sideline immediatly to get a better "angle on the pass"

why doesnt the dline release from the oline

if the guard is bloicking a de bullrushing him to get to the qb in the pocket, think about the olinemans angle of blocking

yet when the qb breaks the pocket, the olineman will continue to block as if they have eyes behind their head
allow the dline to then release

this will stop the scrambling qb immediatly
Old 06-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 15

In Franchise mode will you be able to change player positions? Meaning can I move a ROLB to LOLB a DE to OLD a FS to SS etc?

Also has there been any changes to player progression?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 PM   #76
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Cut off for this weeks Q and A
Old 06-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 3

Will we be able to manually change the rosters of other teams in franchise mode to ensure realistic rosters?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

is the ea locker roster sharing available for madden 09 this year that way we wont have to wait for an update
Old 06-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #79
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Have you guys ever considered making your wishlist and then posting it on the various community boards and let the community vote as to what features they would like to see added and which to leave on the cutting room floor?

> Yes, we actually even did this on current-gen. We are investigating this for the upcoming cycle.

Will 4 Player Co-op return to madden on the next gen stage, as it has always been on last gen consoles? Is it too late to implement a simple controller slide over to allow multiple users?

> This isn't really a gameplay thing (even though it may seem like itis), but 4 player is not supported yet. I don't really know the reason why it isn't supported yet...looking into it.

can u practice ur team in franchise mode?

> No.

I have played both madden and the other football game(Nfl 2K series and APf 2K8) for years now. I like the change of pace. Ala the two-back system. While both have their pros and cons,but the one thing that bother me for years in madden was the deep pass. When throwing a deep pass in the 2k series the camera seems to keep the ball, WR and DB on the screen. To me still lead to more realistic catches and interceptions. In madden when throwing a deep pass, the ball seems to go really high and dissappear off camera. And when it arrives to the WR and DB, it kind of falls out of the sky, which leads to a lot of jump balls. Now i know there are jump balls in the nfl, but with the deep passes in the game, there seem to be nothing but jump balls. Is there anyway to keep the ball in camera view for deep passes. This year? Next year? 2011?

> We can look into altering the camera. One thing I noticed in the 2k games was that the camera got to the landing spot faster as well. That was kind of cool.

My example is a bit exagerated for effect, but i think you will follow what I mean:Let's say you line up shotgun, 3 wide and pass the ball out of this formation 5 straight times, all for first downs. The D lines up up in a 'pass' defense, probably a nickle - this is just fine. Then you line up again in this formation on a 1st and 10 but call a running play, the D will line up in a 4-3, not even covering the slot receiver. Then if you audible to a pass play, without shifting the formation at all - the D shifts and lines up more to play the pass, includign covering the slot.
Then you audible again back to the original play and the D shifts again back to a 'run' defense.

We all know the CPU 'knows' the play you called, of course, but this is a bit much as it takes soem of the play call strategy out of the game. Will the CPU do this in 09? Thanks.

> The CPU play calling logic has not substantially changed from 08.

My question regards Instant Replays. It annoys me that if I try to challenge a play after viewing the replay, the game will not allow me to do so. It seems that in the NFL, there are people in the booth who advise the coach on whether or not to challenge a play AFTER seeing the replay on the jumbo-tron. It seems silly that I can't look at a replay in the game to decide whether to challenge a call or not. It's very difficult to come to that decision in real-time.

> This has always frustrated me too. It's something we can look at changing (though it may be a divisive change)

And on that note, I wonder - to even have challenges in the Madden series would require the "computer refs" to purposely make a bad call. Is that so? If so, then the CPU would know when a bad call was made, which is why when the CPU initiates challenges it wins most of the time.

> No, the challenge/penalty logic is separate from computer referees

ian... i was wondering if guys are gonna be able to beat their men deep this year... in the past, guys would never have 3-4 steps on their man, especially on all-pro and all-madden... but in the league guys like chad johnson, terrell owens, and randy moss can often get that type of separation... another question i have is whether the double moves will be more effective like they are in the nfl

> Deep threats are always a tough balance because you don't want that to be overpowering. We did tune the speed ratings again this year though so these guys are definitely still dangerous in solo coverage. Double moves have not been substantially changed from 08 other than making the animations much smoother.

Will the game go into a cinematic sequence during field goals which win the game like last gen? I loved that, it really added to the moment

> No, not for 09.

Ian, did you guys fix the two onside kick glitches from Madden 08?

> Need more info.

I forget if I read this in the post, but when playing against the cpu does the cpu still tend to run out of bounds or into a defender when they could have a first down and sometimes even a touchdown? It didn't happen ALL the time but if you know what i'm talking about could you
mention it?

> The CPU logic has changed a little bit to better use special moves, but they will still make some 'questionable' AI calls.

More importantly though, is there any thing about the game we don't know? Any features we haven't heard about? I don't want to know them if there are any secrets, but anything that will surprise us in madden this year?

> We've been pretty open so far. We aren't holding any big features back or anything like that...what you see is what you get this year (outside of what we can patch in).
Old 06-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 2

i dont think this has been asked before, but i dont know it but is there a two back system in 09?

can we use any player on super star mode? on NCAA you can play as anybody but in madden you could only use a rookie which is kind of annoying because ive been wanting to have a superstar mode with my favorite players but they arent rookies.

has superstar/player customization changed? if so, how?

has create a team changed at all in terms of uniform/stadium customization changed? if so, how?

can you have more than 10 Created teams? last year you could make more than 10 but you could only see 10.

Last edited by GoGiaNTS25; 06-29-2008 at 09:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »