Home

Getting the crowd back into it....

This is a discussion on Getting the crowd back into it.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Getting the crowd back into it....

Gday y'all, long time lurker from Oz. Just a thought here...

Obviously it mustn't be easy to programme crowd noise/emotion, otherwise you fellas at EA would have had it down pat years ago. But you know what... tearing down the sideline in my home stadium as time expires on a 106yard interception return with 46 laterals with the crowd almost silent until I actually hit the goaline just doesnt give me goosebumps. Gimme some build up during the play!!! Im no computer programmer, but I've always wondered why you guys at EA haven't built off a 'crowd noise' feature that you had in the very first madden (or maybe it was the 2nd) all those years ago. Some may remember....

It must have simply been based on the theory, THE LONGER THE PLAY LASTED, THE LOUDER THE CROWD CHEERED... ie a play such as a short run up the middle took only a few seconds, so the crowd noise only had time to build to a very subtle level. For a medium length play (ie pass and small YAC maybe) the crowd had time to build to a more excited level. But for a play that lasted much longer (ie deep pass/long run/int return etc) the crowd noise was able to build so by the end of the play they were at roaring point.... A simple and easy way to get the crowd into it on a play by play basis... and its realitively realistic...

I only remember cause I used to love doing the 20 yard dropback thing and scrambling round for ever in that first madden incarnation just so I could get the crowd into a frenzy by the time I fired my pass off. If you got an old copy... throw it in and try it!!!

Anyhoo, just my 2 cents worth....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Getting the crowd back into it....

I rather have it where the AI doesnt let you run back twenty yards then throw it than have the crowd react to such. But to stay on topic yes having a better crowd reaction would be great.
But if gameplay is getting better I would much rather what for the crowd thing in a later version.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
Banned

Same here... I dont want the drop back thing either.... just trying to use it as an example that it'd be nice one day to have the crowd react DURING a play... not just at the end of it.......
Old 06-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

It is something that needs improvement for sure. I don't remember what Madden you are talking about though.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #5
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodd888
Same here... I dont want the drop back thing either.... just trying to use it as an example that it'd be nice one day to have the crowd react DURING a play... not just at the end of it.......
yea like how you'll get a 108 yard kick return, and when the return man clearly will not be tackled and hes off to the races, the crowd is still silent, but then as soon as he reaches the endzone the crowd goes nuts. that doesnt happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

I have heard numerous promises of Presentation upgrades this year.

I didn't see anything about crowd interaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »