Home

You know whats sad?....Madden 92 had things which Madden 2009 doesn't

This is a discussion on You know whats sad?....Madden 92 had things which Madden 2009 doesn't within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #41
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: You know whats sad?....Madden 92 had things which Madden 2009 doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't disagree with anything that you are saying and yes, some people have become frustrated with the series because its gotten stale. But, just like there will be guys that view Madden as not being able to do anything wrong, there will be guys that view Madden as not being able to do anything right. And neither of those two types of people help Madden get any better.

:waytogo
I agree with what you're saying. I guess I will never understand the terms "fanboy" or "*****" maybe it's my old age I don't know...lol.
It just seems to me that if you enjoy a game (whatever game) and everything about it,you're labled a "fanboy".....to me,I would think that's called just "enjoying the game".
If for whatever reason you DON'T like a game,you're considered a "*****"?

Idk....I guess I just look at things different than the "younger" cats here do....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I agree with what you're saying. I guess I will never understand the terms "fanboy" or "*****" maybe it's my old age I don't know...lol.
It just seems to me that if you enjoy a game (whatever game) and everything about it,you're labled a "fanboy".....to me,I would think that's called just "enjoying the game".
If for whatever reason you DON'T like a game,you're considered a "*****"?

Idk....I guess I just look at things different than the "younger" cats here do....lol
that I agree with.

View the glass as half full = fanboy
view the glass as half empty = *****

Those two terms are tossed around so much that I don't think that either has a true meaning anymore. And yes, unfortunately, I am just as guilty of using both terms towards someone who's opinion is different than mine.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Last year it was the community heads pimping the game only to disappoint while this year it's the developers standing behind the product they work so hard on.
You may certainly have a differing opinion on the overall quality of Madden NFL 2008, but to infer - as you clearly do - that the community leaders last year were somehow "pimping" the game is absurd and personally offensive to me.

In addition, the only thing different THIS year versus LAST year (as far as marketing and videos and promotions goes) is that Ian and others have begun to respond to some threads in the community forums...they have READ them and talked about them for YEARS!!!

So this year is surely better interactions, but it is not the freaking Rosetta Stone to decipher the incoherent ramblings of those savage "fans"...EA producers in 2006 and in 2007 were just as active in making interviews and providing details as they have been in 2008...the difference this year is the perception generated in this and other forums by ALSO answering specific questions and talking directly to the fan forums.

I gave an honest assessment of the game a year ago - as did every other participant at the Community Day event (no one was "bought" off, or told what to say, or giving EA a free pass or anything else) and I provided an equally honest assessment of the game this year. I was not told what to say or what to write or how to talk about the game and neither was anyone else. You are a REDACTED OFFENSIVE TERM of the highest order to come into a public forum, drop huge accusations against someone's character with ZERO corroborating evidence and then just slime off as if your excrement does not stink...thats some serious chutzpah for sure.

If you have a different opinion of the game's overall quality - after playing the game for an entire year, versus playing it for 6 HOURS at EA's community event for Madden NFL 2008 - then you are certainly entitled to that opinion...but quit being an SECOND REDACTED OFFENSIVE TERM and trying to say that anything nefarious was involved in the early impressions of 2008....THAT game may not be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it WAS a lot better than 2007 and I stand by that assessment as much today as I did in August of 2007...

I can also guarantee you RIGHT NOW that you (or people exactly like you) will find HUGE, GAME-BREAKING PROBLEMS with the new Madden 2009 shortly before September 15th....and then NEXT year you'll be back here AGAIN to remind everyone about how "horrible" a game 2009 was and how you "won't be fooled again for 2010" and how EA producer's are liars and Community Leaders are "pimps" and how obviously pure and noble you and your posts reiterating these stunning 'facts' are and so on and so forth.

(BTW...do you see now how infuriating it is to be generalized and have people ASSUME things about you in ridiculous posts? )

Last edited by Moostache; 06-17-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #44
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
You may certainly have a differing opinion on the overall quality of Madden NFL 2008, but to infer - as you clearly do - that the community leaders last year were somehow "pimping" the game is absurd and personally offensive to me.

In addition, the only thing different THIS year versus LAST year (as far as marketing and videos and promotions goes) is that Ian and others have begun to respond to some threads in the community forums...they have READ them and talked about them for YEARS!!!

So this year is surely better interactions, but it is not the freaking Rosetta Stone to decipher the incoherent ramblings of those savage "fans"...EA producers in 2006 and in 2007 were just as active in making interviews and providing details as they have been in 2008...the difference this year is the perception generated in this and other forums by ALSO answering specific questions and talking directly to the fan forums.

I gave an honest assessment of the game a year ago - as did every other participant at the Community Day event (no one was "bought" off, or told what to say, or giving EA a free pass or anything else) and I provided an equally honest assessment of the game this year. I was not told what to say or what to write or how to talk about the game and neither was anyone else. You are a jack-*** of the highest order to come into a public forum, drop huge accusations against someone's character with ZERO corroborating evidence and then just slime off as if your excrement does not stink...thats some serious chutzpah for sure.

If you have a different opinion of the game's overall quality - after playing the game for an entire year, versus playing it for 6 HOURS at EA's community event for Madden NFL 2008 - then you are certainly entitled to that opinion...but quit being an ***-hat and trying to say that anything nefarious was involved in the early impressions of 2008....THAT game may not be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it WAS a lot better than 2007 and I stand by that assessment as much today as I did in August of 2007...

I can also guarantee you RIGHT NOW that you (or people exactly like you) will find HUGE, GAME-BREAKING PROBLEMS with the new Madden 2009 shortly before September 15th....and then NEXT year you'll be back here AGAIN to remind everyone about how "horrible" a game 2009 was and how you "won't be fooled again for 2010" and how EA producer's are liars and Community Leaders are "pimps" and how obviously pure and noble you and your posts reiterating these stunning 'facts' are and so on and so forth.

(BTW...do you see now how infuriating it is to be generalized and have people ASSUME things about you in ridiculous posts? )
This "rant" was TOTALLY uncalled for....you have to resort to calling people names??
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #45
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
This "rant" was TOTALLY uncalled for....you have to resort to calling people names??
lol...well in all fairness, he (as a community leader, I percieve) was pretty much called a Madden Pimp I personally don't think Pared (from what I've seen posted by him before in other parts of OS) meant to "attack" anyone, but it's not my fight...

PEACE!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #46
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...well in all fairness, he (as a community leader, I percieve) was pretty much called a Madden Pimp I personally don't think Pared (from what I've seen posted by him before in other parts of OS) meant to "attack" anyone, but it's not my fight...

PEACE!!!
That's the issue I have. If you're going to report back as a community leader,expect the good WITH the bad.
If a community leader is going to get THIS bent out of shape,to resort to name calling.....that's just ridiculous and childish (imo)
As a side note......was Pared REALLY off in his comment?
Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #47
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

you cant be mad at people who feel the game isnt where they feel it should be..its not hating or being a fanboy..because at the end of the day those people have to pay their $59.99 for it..all these lil things do make the game more realistic imo because they actually happen when you watch broadcast football games.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #48
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
That's the issue I have. If you're going to report back as a community leader,expect the good WITH the bad.
If a community leader is going to get THIS bent out of shape,to resort to name calling.....that's just ridiculous.

As a side note......was Pared REALLY off in his comment?
I honestly don't know. I think, as is common in most groups, there were some accurate and some inaccurate reviews by the community leaders. I also think that strong reactions to posts are so prevalent because it can be difficult to condense a full thought into a few words and most people don't want to read or write a book to get their points across...making it impossible to interpret intent sometimes.

...That's the "Great Forum Theory" from your friendly Sox Fan...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »