Home

Franchise Blog is Up

This is a discussion on Franchise Blog is Up within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #49
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Franchise Blog is Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
The simmed stats are fixed, wow. What about when YOU PLAY AGAINST the CPU? I found that most of those awful, unrealistic stats came when I played my franchise games. My corners lead the league in picks, with ridiculous numbers. I always lead the league in sacks, even when I didn't blitz. I just can't seem to get any answers about the game play against the CPU, which leads me to believe that it's going to be the same turnover crap as in '08.

I mean, I guess it's cool if I want to pay $60 to sim all my seasons.

A few responses, as well - ''If you don't like it, don't buy it.'' Yeah, well, I did that for Madden '08, and I would like to have an NFL game this time around. Is it asking too much for improvement, when they have people coming to the forums insisting they're here to improve the game? It's not like we have any other options for NFL games out there - If we did, some of us would probably go in that direction. I don't care about the ''lighting'' or the new gang tackling. I don't care if my player looks like Donovan Mcnabb. None of that is going to make up for when the CPU turns the damn ball over 5 times a game again, and completely ruins my franchise.

The only response I got was Ian telling me there was never more than 2 turnovers for the CPU, during the FEW games that he saw played. I'm assuming that's 5 min quarters. I play on 8-9 min quarters. That could be 4 to 5 turnovers per game, again. And every time I mention the word ''sliders,'' I get some clueless response, which obviously tells me that we won't even be able to adjust the weak game play again this year, and actually get results.

I want improved CPU AI in franchise, I want less CPU turnovers, I want sliders that actually make the game play more difficult, so I won't be ready to trade the game in after 2 seasons - IF it doesn't freeze up by then. I guess I could go online and play against some 13 year old kids who bring in Seneca Wallace, so they can scramble to the sides every single play, right? I already tried it - It wasn't fun. I want to play in a franchise with my nephew, and actually have to put in some effort to win our games.
LOL! Not everyone sees it like us. I guess we're the minority here!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 29

Stats might work great... but how will that matter if Free Agents and undrafted rookies disappear? I guess the point is 'a 30 year Franchise will last 2-3 years before we run out of players again'...

I hope they fix the bugs.... all of them
Old 06-17-2008, 04:22 PM   #51
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMonts
These are the things that I think can get mistaken. Sure the newspaper and tony bruno show were a nice bit of atmosphere to help pull you into the game. They were basically the same things over and over again. I would bet my savings (don't worry it's not that much money) that if these were added in next year everyone would complain about how repetitive they are. I'd much rather have them work on the gameplay and AI during games and for the GM then add those features back into the game. We have to think that these guys have a timetable to work with and only the most important make it into the game every year. It's not like most games that get a full 3-4 years to put in everything and then tweak to pull things out and add more in.
I see what you're saying, but if you go by that logic, why add a two man booth team to do the commentary? Replay value to me is specifically tied to atmosphere. If you can spice up the game and lessen the dullness, then I'll want to play the game for six or seven months rather than six or seven weeks.

I don't doubt that the newspaper and Bruno show got repetitive. But it was SOMETHING. It was something beyond just looking at a screen that says "Won" or "Lost." It was creative, and I think franchise mode needs an injection of a bit of creativity.

And if you want to argue repetition, that's fine too, because EA can always add on it. If there were only 20 possible headlines for the newspaper, then they can find a way to implement 50. Or 60. Or 70. If the Bruno show got repetitive after 1 season, have him record more dialogue--or, at the very least, more significant radio chatter--that will last me three or four seasons.

I don't presume to think that Madden '09 has unlimited space to incorporate everything. I just believe that the franchise mode should be better by leaps and bounds compared to its predecessor on an inferior gaming console.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 06-17-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #52
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I see what you're saying, but if you go by that logic, why add a two man booth team to do the commentary? Replay value to me is specifically tied to atmosphere. If you can spice up the game and lessen the dullness, then I'll want to play the game for six or seven months rather than six or seven weeks.

I don't doubt that the newspaper and Bruno show got repetitive. But it was SOMETHING. It was something beyond just looking at a screen that says "Won" or "Lost." It was creative, and I think franchise mode needs an injection of a bit of creativity.

And if you want to argue repetition, that's fine too, because EA can always add on it. If there were only 20 possible headlines for the newspaper, then they can find a way to implement 50. Or 60. Or 70. If the Bruno show got repetitive after 1 season, have him record more dialogue--or, at the very least, more significant radio chatter--that will last me three or four seasons.

I don't presume to think that Madden '09 has unlimited space to incorporate everything. I just believe that the franchise mode should better by leaps and bounds compared to its predecessor on an inferior gaming console.
And ever since next gen all we got is excuses for the franchise mode. there's not enough time or we didn't focus on this or that. Please! this is going to be the 4th ineration of the game and franchise is still barebones as it was when it first came to next gen. There is no excuse for that!
Old 06-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #53
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Please! this is going to be the 4th ineration of the game and franchise is still barebones as it was when it first came to next gen. There is no excuse for that!
I agree 100% with this.
I understand that online play is also important,but believe it or not....not everybody plays online.
I see alot of "gameplay is most important" and while that may be true (to an extent)....(imo) if franchise mode is bare and boring,then (again,imo) it takes away from the gameplay.
This also holds true for presentation aspects (commentary,Super Bowl endings). Again...I've seen the "gameplay" arguments in regards to the presentation aspect...."who cares about Super Bowl celebtations".....isn't the whole point of running a franchise WINNING THE SUPER BOWL?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-17-2008, 04:48 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I agree 100% with this.
I understand that online play is also important,but believe it or not....not everybody plays online.
I see alot of "gameplay is most important" and while that may be true (to an extent)....(imo) if franchise mode is bare and boring,then (again,imo) it takes away from the gameplay.
This also holds true for presentation aspects (commentary,Super Bowl endings). Again...I've seen the "gameplay" arguments in regards to the presentation aspect...."who cares about Super Bowl celebtations".....isn't the whole point of running a franchise WINNING THE SUPER BOWL?
Not only is winning the Super Bowl a main point of Franchise... But I have 3 main wishes for my Franchise...

1) Realistic team managing by the CPU (Trades, Drafting, etc...)
- The Packers have no reason to Draft Chad Henne AND Brian Brohm = See my Madden 08 'Chise)

2) Realistic player morale and interactions on the field and in team managing.... (If Braylon Edwards makes an amazing catch, I want to see him get amped up over it... same as if he gets pummeled)

3) Better announcers.... need I say more?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #55
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Not only is winning the Super Bowl a main point of Franchise... But I have 3 main wishes for my Franchise...

1) Realistic team managing by the CPU (Trades, Drafting, etc...)
- The Packers have no reason to Draft Chad Henne AND Brian Brohm = See my Madden 08 'Chise)

2) Realistic player morale and interactions on the field and in team managing.... (If Braylon Edwards makes an amazing catch, I want to see him get amped up over it... same as if he gets pummeled)

3) Better announcers.... need I say more?
And its about the process to getting to the superbowl. That's the true simulation
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2008, 05:03 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Stats might work great... but how will that matter if Free Agents and undrafted rookies disappear? I guess the point is 'a 30 year Franchise will last 2-3 years before we run out of players again'...

I hope they fix the bugs.... all of them
The creator of the blog did say he simulated through multiple seasons so there's hope. I also hope they fix the bugs, but I think this will be something they will do without heavily advertising the bugs from last years game. What I mean is that I doubt we see a blog titled "Franchise bugs from Madden 08 fixed!" or anything like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »